Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

swear words on ray darcy

• 07-07-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

nearly crashed the car today listening to the guy about the missing rabbits.
    He actually said the word **** and Gerry Ryan in the same sentence (not sure if they were linked)but Ray carried on with slight nervous laughter and then went to an ad break.I couldn't believe that he didn't say sorry about that or anything.First time i have heard that word on the radio and can't help thinking that the **** will hit the fan with broadcasting commission

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gerry Ryan comes very close to saying it most times I hear him.

Do people actually complain about this sort of thing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

the cyclists who use boards would like to hear the word **** and Gerry Ryan in the same sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

oldsmiley wrote: »
    nearly crashed the car today listening to the guy about the missing rabbits.
    He actually said the word **** and Gerry Ryan in the same sentence (not sure if they were linked)but Ray carried on with slight nervous laughter and then went to an ad break.I couldn't believe that he didn't say sorry about that or anything.First time i have heard that word on the radio and can't help thinking that the **** will hit the fan with broadcasting commission

Try getting out more..people use that word every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 oldsmiley

If you actually take the time to read my post I didn't complain.All I stated was that I had not heard the word cnut used on the radio before.In fact it very rare to hear it on the tv and no i don't think that this word is in everyday use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

oldsmiley wrote: »
    If you actually take the time to read my post I didn't complain.All I stated was that I had not heard the word cnut used on the radio before.In fact it very rare to hear it on the tv and no i don't think that this word is in everyday use.

Wow, I thought he used the word sh*t or something - but yeah, I agree with you, saying cnut on radio is bad form! Watershed rules should be kept, I know the word is used everyday, but I'd hate to think that my kid would start using the word cnut because they heard it for the first time on the Darcey show - that might give children the idea that the word is ok to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mcscrub wrote: »
    but I'd hate to think that my kid would start using the word cnut because they heard it for the first time on the Darcey show - that might give children the idea that the word is ok to use.

Listening to D'arcy may make your child a self righteous know it all. Parent beware.

Advertisement