Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo...just some quick questions

Options
  • 07-07-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm saving up for a Tattoo (I'm au pairing at the mo so it may take a while :p) but I still have a few questions.
    This is what I'm thinking of getting. I haven't asked the artist permission yet though so those plans may fall through as I don't want to get something I feel I've stolen. Anyway, I'm in love with the picture and think it really sums up where I am right now.
    My main issue is where to get it. Obviously (or maybe not idk) I'm not getting a background. I was thinking about my hip or lower side with it perhaps slightly diaganol. But what happens if I gain wieght/get pregnant/get strecth marks? will that wreck it?
    Also, I was thinking about getting a bit of writing, maybe somethin simple like "Always up" or "Onwards and Upwards" in handwriting sort of font...any opinions?
    I know these are all things to ask the artist but I'm in Madrid and while my Spanish is passable it's not something I'd feel comfortable taking a risk on so I thought i'd ask here; I've been lurking for quite a while and everyone seems pretty knowledgeable!

Last question! Anyone know anything about tattoo artists/studios in Madrid?? They seem to be all over the place but I mean I don't know anything about the quaility general hygiene, I'm sure it's fine but...you know

anyway, any help greatly apprieciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hi Illipop

If I were to choose a location for this tat I'd pop for the hip or side/rib area of the body. I presume you want it somewhere concealable? If not, there's always the inside of the arm / wrist area.
    Don't rule out the background, it could make your ink stand out from your skin that bit more so it wont look like a sticker of sorts, if you can save the image to your hard-drive and play around with the background colour in Photoshop or GIMP (free open source version of photoshop....... www.osalt.com ), you could try some nice blues or greens depending on your taste.
    As for what you want banner wise.......up to you, it all depends what you want to say and what the tat means to you and what you want it to represent to you and possibly to others.
    Cant'd say I know of anyone to recommend in Madrid, but if you go to a studio and you feel don't feel 100% confident then got to the next studio.
    If you get tattooed no swimming.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Diceicle wrote: »
    If you get tattooed no swimming.

And keep it out of the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Thanks for the input!
    I knew you had to keep them out of the sun (I have to keep all of me out of the sun anyway!) but how long untill you can swim again?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You'd wanna avoid soaking it in water at all (Including baths) for the first couple of weeks tbh. You could chance it after a week, but you'd really be risking harming it. Stay completely clear of any pools with chlorine in them till you're completely healed!

Advertisement