Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22 hours or take 16 and wait for C.I.D.

• 07-07-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I am in a dilemma. I have been in my current school 2 years and this year (year 3) I have only been offered 16 hours due to cut backs. I have also been offered another job 22 hours but am not sure what to do.

Things are very tight financially at the moment and I could really do with the 22 hours pay, but am I being very shortsighted :confused: Do i hold out for a CID. On the other hand if a school is able to offer 22 hours this year in the current climate why won't they be able to offer it again this year ? Apparently they are expecting numbers to go up ;).

I am really confused do I stay or do I go ????????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

Talk to the principal that is offering you the 22 hours, is it a maternity cover? you need more details

Your exting school has reduced your hours to 16, its possible that they might make it up with sub work (unlightly in current climate), next year you might find that the 16 willl be reduced further.

Personally i would take the 22 if all other things are equal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

The 22 hours is not maternity but concessionary hours. I asked about the chances of increasing the 16 with sub work but told chances very slim, not to rely on it etc.
    Also worried that 16 will be reduced next year but have been told that all efforts will be made to get me a CID the following year.

Advertisement