Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Big Brother UK celebrating its TENTH anniversary?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

It's only NINE years old!!!

I don't watch the thing at all - the only time I was interested in it was BB2 in 2001 when Brian Dowling won - but I'm guessing this is a desperate attempt to increase those viewing figures...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

It's the TENTH Big Brother, that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's the TENTH Big Brother, that's why.

It is indeed, but that still does NOT mean that the show is ten years old.

If it started in July 2000, then it's nine.

What it should really be celebrating is its tenth YEAR ON AIR, not its tenth birthday, which technically is next year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, and 09 = ten seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

It's not so much a tenth birthday, as a tenth anniversary.

It's not so much a tenth birthday, as a tenth anniversary.

Birthday and anniversary more or less mean the same thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Because a television series is not a living thing, and doesn't have a "0" season.

astrofool wrote: »
    Because a television series is not a living thing, and doesn't have a "0" season.

That still didn't mean BB UK could celebrate its tenth anniversary one year early IMHO.

Mind you, if viewing figures did increase as a result of it, then it wasn't by very much, thank heavens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

That still didn't mean BB UK could celebrate its tenth anniversary one year early IMHO.

Mind you, if viewing figures did increase as a result of it, then it wasn't by very much, thank heavens.

Wrong. It's in its tenth season. In tv terms thats 10 years, hence the "birthday" celebrations.

Pointless thread tbh.

m83 wrote: »
    Wrong. It's in its tenth season. In tv terms thats 10 years, hence the "birthday" celebrations.

Pointless thread tbh.

But it's not, as the producers were foolishly trying to make viewers believe, ten years SINCE THE SHOW STARTED - which was in July 2000, NINE years ago. Hence this thread, and many others like it on other sites.

And I'm sorry if you think it's pointless - it's just a bit of fun really.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Hi guys,

Ive looked everywhere online for big brothers big mouth with bea from last weekend, I really really want to see it and cant find it anywhere - can anyone help - the one on you tube says due to copyright restrictions i cant watch it in ireland agh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

But it's not, as the producers were foolishly trying to make viewers believe, ten years SINCE THE SHOW STARTED - which was in July 2000, NINE years ago. Hence this thread, and many others like it on other sites.

And I'm sorry if you think it's pointless - it's just a bit of fun really.

You just don't get it, do you? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Maths fail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I can confirm that my child is 9. I was pregnant when the first Big Brother was on (the music reminds me every time I hear it). So, the child is 9, therefore the show is 9.

I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I can confirm that my child is 9. I was pregnant when the first Big Brother was on (the music reminds me every time I hear it). So, the child is 9, therefore the show is 9.

I think..

Yes, they just worded it wrong.

Your daughter is in her tenth year .. if your 31 .. your living your 32nd year until your birthday and then you can say "I'm 32" now, even though you've been living your 32nd year for a year already :)

They shouldn't be saying '10 Years of Big Brother" as it's only 9 ..

They should be saying 'It's the 10th Big Brother, yeeee haaaa" .. or .. "Celebrating our 10th Show" or even "we are now in our tenth year of Big Brother" would just about be true.

But this is giving me a brain itch ..

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/10-years-of-bb/ :D

Advertisement