Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommened Alarm Company

Options
  • 07-07-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

Who would you recommend for a home in County Clare, 5 motion sensors needed... and cheap and affordable... (wired)

also: i heard eircom phonewatch is unreailable, is this true, and what are the cons for eircom phonewatch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi tim,
    there is a company called monitor installing in your area, they install systems for homesafe. there phone number is 065 6829111. they are certified by the nsai and members of the psa. the system can be monitored by a monitoring company or self monitored by yourself. you will have to ring them for a price.
    hope this helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

altor wrote: »
    Hi tim,
    there is a company called monitor installing in your area, they install systems for homesafe. there phone number is 065 6829111. they are certified by the nsai and members of the psa. the system can be monitored by a monitoring company or self monitored by yourself. you will have to ring them for a price.
    hope this helps...

hi altor!,

I have heard of monitor, someone else says its good too. They said it cost them €1500!!!:( to have it in, and they said they have homewsafe wirefree 8 motion sensors. very pricey.

any other cheap and affordable company thats certified for nsai and members of the private security?

thanks tim

Tim M-U wrote: »
    hi altor!,

I have heard of monitor, someone else says its good too. They said it cost them €1500!!!:( to have it in, and they said they have homewsafe wirefree 8 motion sensors. very pricey.

any other cheap and affordable company thats certified for nsai and members of the private security?

thanks tim

that is very expensive tim, i would shop around for a much cheaper price..
    go on to mytown.ie they have loads of installers in your area, just make sure its certified to EN50131-1:2006 standards and they are psa approved.
    hope this helps..

that is very expensive tim, i would shop around for a much cheaper price..
    go on to mytown.ie they have loads of installers in your area, just make sure its certified to EN50131-1:2006 standards and they are psa approved.
    hope this helps..
    anyone else?? I don't want to have someone installing the alarm in my house that leaves a huge mess(rubbish on floor ect...) and i dont mind the wires...

remember: I meen a licensed installer, if you come across one without a nsai licence, they might be in trouble...

anyone else?? I don't want to have someone installing the alarm in my house that leaves a huge mess(rubbish on floor ect...) and i dont mind the wires...

remember: I meen a licensed installer, if you come across one without a nsai licence, they might be in trouble...

hi tim, did you go on to mytown.ie, there are loads of local installer in your area which will give you the chance to shop around and get a good price. they will also give you there psa number to make sure they are registered..
    hpoe this helps...

• Advertisement

Hi altor,

i went on mytown.ie and found some companys, i think i might get a quote from Monitor as i have heard there were very good.

Anyone: is there any company you would recommend in clare?

thanks

tim

Hi altor,

i went on mytown.ie and found some companys, i think i might get a quote from Monitor as i have heard there were very good.

Anyone: is there any company you would recommend in clare?

thanks

tim

Hi tim,
    the only one i can recommend is Monitor down your way, dont know any of the other companys.. you can check on yourlocal.ie too, there are 5 registered in clare so maybe you can get one close to you at a good price..
    hope this helps..

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'll be looking around for one soon too actually. Going by the boxes outside the houses in the area, active technology, and L&M alarms seem to be popular around shannon.

My cousin with with the active technology crowd, he got a hks system I think with text alerts.

MarkR wrote: »
    I'll be looking around for one soon too actually. Going by the boxes outside the houses in the area, active technology, and L&M alarms seem to be popular around shannon.

My cousin with with the active technology crowd, he got a hks system I think with text alerts.

Thats good, can you pm tim his number.. might get tim a good deal if he says he knows you :D

I found this company called: FSL Security Systems, www.fslsecuritysystems.ie , 0657084748,(read the box down the road) is this registered?, because its not on mytown.ie ect... how do i find out? will i contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Clare Alarms.

There work is neat and have a good reputation locally.
    Also are registered

http://www.completehome.ie/details/Clare_Alarms/48099/

Thanks JimmyCrackCorn!. I heard of clarealarms too! anyone else with recommeneds? Thanks Jimmy! I appreshate you!:cool:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thats good, can you pm tim his number.. might get tim a good deal if he says he knows you :D

Oops, that came out wrong. He went with Active Technology. Doesn't have anything to do with them.

MarkR wrote: »
    Oops, that came out wrong. He went with Active Technology. Doesn't have anything to do with them.

ha ha, sorry tim, did try my best for you..

thanks anyway altor! your alway there to help!:D

still lookin for recomendations...:confused:...goona get it very soon (waitin for someone to reply, i need everyones oninion:pac::pac:

still lookin for recomendations...:confused:...goona get it very soon (waitin for someone to reply, i need everyones oninion:pac::pac:

Hope you dont get robbed with all the advertising your doing about not having an alarm Tim :D

ended up installing my own, (just asked a question on boards.ie for a matter of interest...). was afraid a company would shut down...:o ...resession...

altor your very pushy for someone who installs alarms for altor.ie . (seen your profile..)

btw: i didnt say i didnt have an alarm

ended up installing my own, (just asked a question on boards.ie for a matter of interest...). was afraid a company would shut down...:o ...resession...

altor your very pushy for someone who installs alarms for altor.ie . (seen your profile..)

btw: i didnt say i didnt have an alarm

Good for you Tim. saved yourself a few euros too..

BTW: I work for myself Tim..

Advertisement