Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a shooting game for me and the GF

• 07-07-2009 9:59pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Looking for a recommendation on a shooting game for me and the GF.
    Basically I'm looking for a game where you can do 2 player co-op missions split screen.
    I like the Tom Clancy games terrorist hunt mode, but the GF finds it a bit tough.
    The trouble is that we usually play the xbox after a few cans so need something easy :P

Any ideas what game would suit?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kind of a shooter (very loose description lol) but Peggle is the game myself and the gf play most. Only 800 points, and in retrospect, I would have paid 40 for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Definitely Gears of War 1 or 2.

Left4Dead is fun co-op too - in fact I'd definitely recommend that if you're drinking :)

Maybe Army of Two - I didn't like it personally but that's all the co-op I can think of right now.

Oh, maybe Halo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Halo 3 co-op split screen is very easy and a good blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

+1 for Left 4 Dead. One've the best co-op games ever. Plus you get to blow zombies heads of with shotguns. What more could you want?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Earth Defence Force 2017 is the best dumb shooter you can get in co-op. Once you get over how low tech and archaic it is it's just a mindless blast with progressively more ridiculous and amazing encounters.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

+1 for left for dead as well. Constantly satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Whatever you do dont try Resi 5....Jeez she nearly jumped out of the room!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Oh! Just thought of a brilliant one! Gunstar Heroes. Available on Xbox Live Arcade. An absolute classic! Still plays brilliantly and is excellent on co-op.

Gunstar Heroes - Metacritic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

Cant beat a good game of halo 3 or COD:4 modern warfare.although crappy games can generally make good split-screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Good answer: COD, Portal (amazing but requires some skill), Team Fortress (also great fun). Don't forget Counter Strike.

Joke answer: another shooting game you might consider is Bukkake!!! No need for you console or buying special hardware/software! :>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Good answer: COD, Portal (amazing but requires some skill), Team Fortress (also great fun). Don't forget Counter Strike.

Joke answer: another shooting game you might consider is Bukkake!!! No need for you console or buying special hardware/software! :>

I'll try all the above :P

• Advertisement

But seriously I must check out Left 4 Dead - never played that...
    I own COD4, Gears 1/2 and Halo but my Bro has them so must get them back. :rolleyes:

Love COD4 but never knew there was a split screen co-op option! :confused:

Wiill check out the arcade games too - cheers lads

I used to love perfect dark on the gamecube where ya could go on the killing spree thpe mode choosing the amount of enemies and their skill level.
    Something like that would be fun....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I used to love perfect dark on the gamecube where ya could go on the killing spree thpe mode choosing the amount of enemies and their skill level.
    Something like that would be fun....

http://perfectdark.retropixel.net/pd/screenshots/

Only have to wait til xmas then I suppose.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Sorry lads but if the OP's girlfriend is finding terrorist hunt on RB6 difficult she is going to go spare if she tries GOW 1 or 2 they are much more difficult.

Left for Dead is probably your best option as it boils down to great zombie slaughtering fun.

Alternatively id tell her to play RB6 more because its a great game. Practice makes perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sorry lads but if the OP's girlfriend is finding terrorist hunt on RB6 difficult she is going to go spare if she tries GOW 1 or 2 they are much more difficult.

Left for Dead is probably your best option as it boils down to great zombie slaughtering fun.

Alternatively id tell her to play RB6 more because its a great game. Practice makes perfect.

Gears 2 on 'casual' was designed for exactly the situation the OP is in!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

mik_da_man wrote: »

Love COD4 but never knew there was a split screen co-op option! :confused:

Thats because there isn't! There is in CoD:World at War, but I'd recommend Left4Dead instead. Great teamwork in that one as opposed to shootey shoot, throw nades with a bit of cover fire in Gears and Rainbow 6. Also Left4Dead is slightly easier to get the hang of as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Definately GOW2, got the wife playing it about a week ago and she loves it now.She never bothered with shooters cause she never really got used to the 2 axis controlers so never bothered trying playing anything that required it. With a bit of patience she's after getting good at the controls and is flying on GOW now.Definately stick it on casual and if you're doing the split screen , you'll be able to basically kill everything and boost the gf confidence till she gets the swing of things.
    Halo and COD might have easier control systems but they do get trickier alot quicker than gears.

Thats because there isn't! There is in CoD:World at War,

Ah ok - I knew I couldn't have missed it!
    Gears 2 on 'casual' was designed for exactly the situation the OP is in!

Will give that A shot when I get it back...

I fully agree - she doesn't :rolleyes:

Anyway I grabbed Left 4 Dead today and hopefully it'll fit the bill

Cheers for the help guys

Advertisement