Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

O tnx for dat. Pic wai too dark :p

/pieze of Abi. next week I sendz leg.

<3 Animalz :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can we have a poll on what you send next? :pac:

if only you posted the pic then I can haz say "won't be the last time I thank your hand"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Can we have a poll on what you send next? :pac:

Ha! :o

/dies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Abigayle wrote: »
    O tnx for dat. Pic wai too dark :p

/pieze of Abi. next week I sendz leg.

<3 Animalz :)

*Please note: Boards is a text speak free zone*

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

Yellow!

I thought I should introduce myself here since I've been floating around here for a bit.

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 22 years old and currently reside in Dublin. I'm originally from the Limerick country side but went to Dublin to trick random strangers into believing that my life is more interesting than it actually is. I am plagued by meat related dreams, enjoy drawing random stuff, and I am head over heels in love with Charlie Brooker. He is my perfect man.

Here's the most flattering picture I could find of myself being a cam ho fo' sho:

DSCF1308-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Hi Espy, welcome aboard (boards...get it...da dun dun tisssh)

yea so, hope we can help you with all your veggie related issues. Tell all the important stuff, how long a veggie and why, what doing etc etc.

we'd like to see you out at one of out occasional meet ups, don't be afraid we'll all nice people......except coaimhe, she a bítch (:pac::pac: joking).

On that note is there plans for a small meet up soon, moonbaby was saying something about that....

EDIT 1: that warm welcome also goes to Abigayle, Lanysmiles and Hammy

EDIT 2: Charlie Brooker is hilarious, they should have him do the six one on RTE

smegmar wrote: »
    Hi Espy, welcome aboard (boards...get it...da dun dun tisssh)

yea so, hope we can help you with all your veggie related issues. Tell all the important stuff, how long a veggie and why, what doing etc etc.

we'd like to see you out at one of out occasional meet ups, don't be afraid we'll all nice people......except coaimhe, she a bítch (:pac::pac: joking).

On that note is there plans for a small meet up soon, moonbaby was saying something about that....

EDIT 1: that warm welcome also goes to Abigayle, Lanysmiles and Hammy

EDIT 2: Charlie Brooker is hilarious, they should have him do the six one on RTE

Well, I've been vegetarian for 2 years and just recently went through a stage where I cracked, ate meat, but stayed vegetarian. I mainly became vegetarian because I've always had issues with the meat industry over-processing meat and pumping animals full of hormones. I tried staying organic but being vegetarian was an easier and more sensible option. In the past 2 years I've learned so much about the meat industry, animal rights etc. so I'm proud to be vegetarian. Also I'm environmentally aware and glad to know my diet choice reduces my carbon footprint.

I studied Animation in Ballyfermot for two years and currently taking time out to work, figure out what I want, and enjoy life. I hope to study Model Making, Design and Special Effects in 2011 if things work out. So I'm an artist..kind of. I'd like work on my drawing skills and sell my work/ have an exhibition based on Retro Video Games and Old-School Animation some day. Some day..

Missiechan on this board introduced me to this place, she's my best friend/ house mate so I'll join her and all you sexy people for a meet up some time in the future :)

Charlie Brooker will marry me some day, unbeknownst to him. The sexy bitch >:I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm lovely you mangy cur! You cad!
    then we should get along swimmingly! :P

so anyone know of any good veggie restauraunts in cork?
    :D

Paradiso is amazo, but definitely pricey. Wagamamma's do a very good veggie selection and if you go there before 5 during the week you can get lunch (with beer) for a tenner. Isaac's did a lovely nice baked cous cous thing this one time I was there, and the Quay Co-op is highly spoken of but I've never been. I don't eat out that much though, poor student.

Espy wrote: »
    Charlie Brooker will marry me some day, unbeknownst to him. The sexy bitch >:I

not if I get there first :pac:

not if I get there first :pac:

:eek:

You lie!

• Advertisement

:eek:

You lie!

I think he means you, rather than Charlie Brooker. :D

Lovely to see you here! Missiechan was bragging about you the time I met her.
    We defo need another Sunday Lunch soon!

<3 that Abi is flipping Tar the bird. :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think he means you, rather than Charlie Brooker. :D

Lovely to see you here! Missiechan was bragging about you the time I met her.

Oh...well then sorry Smegmar, I'm saving my ovaries for Charlie ;)

Missiechan bragged about me?? Great, now I can't wait to tease her about it, but that's so cute~ I'd really like to join you all on a Sunday lunch sometime soon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I thought I should introduce myself here since I've been floating around here for a bit.

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 22 years old and currently reside in Dublin.
    Nice to meet ya Elizabeth, and welcome to the veggie board:)
    Its true! *i must note i am not stating that under duress either*:p
    Paradiso is amazo, but definitely pricey.
    Is that place still moonlighting as a swimming hole?
    True...we DO:D

We dont flip birds on this forum missy!!:pac:

i bet Tar liked it in some way or other...:p

em....I really don't know how to respond to something like that. I'm happily in a relationship so your ovaries are safe.

And yea if your missie chan's friend I'm sure you'll fit in here. I might see you at "Sunday luncheon" or "high tea" yeah we're all very sophisticated around here like that.

em....I really don't know how to respond to something like that. I'm happily in a relationship so your ovaries are safe.

And yea if your missie chan's friend I'm sure you'll fit in here. I might see you at "Sunday luncheon" or "high tea" yeah we're all very sophisticated around here like that.

Hahaha, don't take me seriously, I just have issues or something :rolleyes:

It's great to know that you all get along with Missiechan so well. We're currently trying to move house together(again!). Although it's exciting, it's kind of stressful - we own so many DVDs, comics, and figurines. The ultimate girly nerds :cool:

Let me know when the next meet up in Dublin is and I'll be there with her :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yellow!

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 22 years old and currently reside in Dublin. I'm originally from the Limerick country side but went to Dublin to trick random strangers into believing that my life is more interesting than it actually is. I am plagued by meat related dreams, enjoy drawing random stuff, and I am head over heels in love with Charlie Brooker. He is my perfect man.

Here's the most flattering picture I could find of myself being a cam ho fo' sho:

DSCF1308-1.jpg
    Oh belated welcomes to you Elizabeth. Must have a gander in here more often. Have a good stay here, and hi to missiechan toooo

Oh belated welcomes to you Elizabeth. Must have a gander in here more often. Have a good stay here, and hi to missiechan toooo

Cheers Tar.Aldarion, I'll be sure to tell her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Hi Espy! .o/
    (and all other noobs that iv neglected to say ello to coz ive been internet lazy of late :) )

I feel youll fit right in here, part of the veggie family :D oh and you must dye your hair red now, its part of the rules >_>

See you at a meet up soon hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Never actually posted a decent picture, so here it goes =]

392.jpg

I'm the one on the left. And no I'm not underage >_<

i loves your dress! is it from jane norman??
    .o/ hi btw :D

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    i loves your dress! is it from jane norman??
    .o/ hi btw :D

You mean my sister's dress. I'm a skirt and top sort of girl! :P Yeah I think it was... not sure tbh

You mean my sister's dress. I'm a skirt and top sort of girl! :P Yeah I think it was... not sure tbh

:D looks like one, i like them! you look great, wish i could rob my sisters clothes hehe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

maameeo wrote: »
    :D looks like one, i like them! you look great, wish i could rob my sisters clothes hehe!
    You can...it just wont end well:p

thread reminds me to find new-ish pic of me to put up...

Hey maameo i'm quite sure you've a few of me from beers you havent bothered uploading...well what you waiting for eh?? :pac:

I wish I could wear my sisters clothes too.......wait.......no, in fact I don't even have a sister.......and I don't do drag......anymore;):D:D

yea I have loads of pictures to upload from all the meet ups. I'm gonna try collect as many as I can from everyone and do a video project with them,
    everyone please bring a camera to Killarney, the more pics the better!

I <3 when little sister leaves the closet unattended.
    Good steal Anothernight! So purrdy :)
    I wish I could wear my sisters clothes too.......wait.......no, in fact I don't even have a sister.......and I don't do drag......*cough* yet *cough*;):D:D

Tar.....I haz a beers plan and I need you and your falsies :D

(btw Smeg my pic doesnt go up on boards....it will cause the internet to implode...for real)

implode the internet you say?

Good steal Anothernight! So purrdy :)
    Wasn't messing about decent pic I see :pac:
    Tar.....I haz a beers plan and I need you and your falsies :D
    Stay back from the eyelashes! Be gone! /makes cross with fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lanysmiles:)

Paradiso is amazo, but definitely pricey. Wagamamma's do a very good veggie selection and if you go there before 5 during the week you can get lunch (with beer) for a tenner. Isaac's did a lovely nice baked cous cous thing this one time I was there, and the Quay Co-op is highly spoken of but I've never been. I don't eat out that much though, poor student.

I've been stalking Wagamammas (finally got paid on friday-wooohoo!!)

o.O i dont look for a week and 3pages appear : o

so whast ahppenign with everybody!? enjoying spring!?
    makes me giddy... =^.^= i feel a hijinks coming on!!

also...whos Charlie brooker?

I've been stalking Wagamammas (finally got paid on friday-wooohoo!!)

o.O i dont look for a week and 3pages appear : o

so whast ahppenign with everybody!? enjoying spring!?
    makes me giddy... =^.^= i feel a hijinks coming on!!

also...whos Charlie brooker?

Are you coming to our Kerry trip? The jinx will be very high honest! :D
    That is what I'm looking forward to most about spring. :)

I've never been to wagamama's :( Do they do sushi? nomnomnomnom

Charlie Brooker is a columnist for the Guardian. I think Smeg thinks he is Janine from eastenders though. :D

• Advertisement

Charlie Brooker is a columnist for the Guardian. I think Smeg thinks he is Janine from eastenders though. :D

Wagamamma is the best asian foody place around dublin, dunno about sushi but try yasi yaki soba! TASTY:)

also I don't know how to reply to that last comment.....

here's Charlie Brooker I fell in love with

Wagamamma is the best asian foody place around dublin, dunno about sushi but try yasi yaki soba! TASTY:)

Better than yammamori? :eek: Who are now doing a veggie bento.

I can only apologise for underestimating your capacity for the gay. I meant no offense honest!

im at work...ohhh naughty...so i cant hear it, it looks hilarious though...but seriously...ewwwww! he's like a bad version of brian o driscoll!!
    Now johnny depp is a man you could fall in love with! :) nomnomnom ;)

I've passed by wagamamas and the other sushi place in cork (dunno the name but it looks nice) and they smell nice :D i've heard good things about yammamori courtesy of UL anime+manga society!

there's a kerry trip?!
    it all depends on when-im a very busty lady! and very broke! T.T

there's a kerry trip?!
    it all depends on when-im a very busty lady! and very broke! T.T

thehe......sorry :( /grows up!

I am also extremely broke....I will be moreso again then. I'm hoping it will be super cheap! There is a thread in the main forum.

Don't worry, busty ladies are welcome :p

busy!! busy!!

>.< sigh typos.

i should like to attend kerry meet up, dunno if i can though, i want to be able to afford LepreCon... anyone else going to that?!

• Advertisement

Mmm...that's my man. He does things to me others can't possibly achieve :pac:

oh me oh my, charlie brooker :s
    Vs Johnny Depp

no competition!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hahahahaha, just found this pic from a few months ago, when i'd lost my glasses, rockin out at a gig. im on the very left.

4034561964_7eaca687b1.jpg

Savage pic crumble froo. I wonder how they make it superreal like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kevin JM

Hi everybody, My name is Kevin (No I'm not Irish :D). I've been lurking around this board for some time now and I feel that it is time for me to register and make the introduction for my first post.

I am from Mauritius and have been in Dublin for nearly one and a half years now. Before that, I was living and working in Scotland as a video game concept artist and it was during that time that I turned vegetarian first before turning vegan. I stopped meat after being aware of all the cruelty that was done to animals. It has been nearly 3 years now that I am a vegan. What motivated me to shift from vegetarian to vegan was the constant bullying from others that I will never be able to lift weights and grow lean muscles. I wanted to prove them wrong and be the change that I wanted to see around me. I am now 29 years old.

I joined this forum in the hope of making some nice like minded friends as I have always felt quite alone in this city even after one and a half years. Also I would like to thank the moderators for all the useful info they have posted in the vegan and vegerian sections.

This is me
    One week ago
    21055_1277885401753_1668552474_6538.jpg

Two years ago
    n1668552474_49729_1759.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hi Kevin! Glad you decided to register and join in. Like yourself, there are a few of us around here who began with vegetarianism and moved on to veganism, such as myself. One great way to meet some like minded people is to join the Dublin Vegetarians meet-up groups http://vegetarian.meetup.com/485/ or of course to come along to anything we hold here :) We look forward to reading more contributions from you!

Edit: I see you've already joined the meet-up groups! You are on the ball :)

Kevin JM wrote: »
    Hi everybody, My name is Kevin (No I'm not Irish :D). I've been lurking around this board for some time now and I feel that it is time for me to register and make the introduction for my first post.

I am from Mauritius and have been in Dublin for nearly one and a half years now. Before that, I was living and working in Scotland as a video game concept artist and it was during that time that I turned vegetarian first before turning vegan. I stopped meat after being aware of all the cruelty that was done to animals. It has been nearly 3 years now that I am a vegan. What motivated me to shift from vegetarian to vegan was the constant bullying from others that I will never be able to lift weights and grow lean muscles. I wanted to prove them wrong and be the change that I wanted to see around me. I am now 29 years old.

I joined this forum in the hope of making some nice like minded friends as I have always felt quite alone in this city even after one and a half years. Also I would like to thank the moderators for all the useful info they have posted in the vegan and vegerian sections.

This is me
    One week ago
    21055_1277885401753_1668552474_6538.jpg

Two years ago
    n1668552474_49729_1759.jpg
    Hi Kevin! not quite pale enough nope :D
    Thanks for registering, very welcome here. Be the change you want to see around you, nice quote thrown into your background. (:

Come along to the meets so, and you're welcome, from the mods hehe

Hi Kev, nice to meet you ^_^
    That's a really cute rabbit you've got there. What's its name?

Hi everybody, My name is Kevin. I've been lurking around this board for some time now.
    I am from Mauritius I was living and working in Scotland as a video game concept artist
    the constant bullying from others that I will never be able to lift weights and grow lean muscles. I wanted to prove them wrong and be the change that I wanted to see around me.
    I joined this forum in the hope of making some nice like minded friends

I think you'll fit right in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kevin JM

Thanks sweet-rasmus. I've already registered at the Dublin's Vegeterians meet-up groups a few hours ago before boards.ie. It seems that they are a bunch of really nice people. I am looking forward to their next meet-up. I hope I can make it.

Thank you anothernight. The bunny is from Fife Rabbit rescue in Scotland. His name is Benji and he was left under my care for a short while. He was such a nice bunny. A bit scared at first but as long as you have treats he will get along with you well :D. I enjoy the company of animals, but Rabbits and Dolphins are my favourites.

Thanks smegmar. :)

Thank you Tar.Aldarion. Yes, not pale enough but a few times when I was called for interviews on the phone they automatically think that because my name is Kevin, I must be Irish until they hear my accent. :D
    Do you speak French btw? I am asking because I noticed that you wrote something in French in one of your post.

Kevin!
    I love your bunny!!
    and its sad that you still feel alone here, I hope that you find people whose company you enjoy through the meetups (vegups) etc :)

Thank you Tar.Aldarion. Yes, not pale enough but a few times when I was called for interviews on the phone they automatically think that because my name is Kevin, I must be Irish until they hear my accent. :D
    Do you speak French btw? I am asking because I noticed that you wrote something in French in one of your post.

Haha, I bet that is some shock for them. :D

I was fluent in school, still know alot but I'd need a while in france to pick it up. I do love french/france and plan on maybe living there some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Decided to go vegetarian, for a while anyway. I don't know why.

Shouldn't find it too hard, spent my childhood as a vegetarian. And my Mother is one.

I live out of home on weekdays and I cook for myself, so gonna have to find some new things to cook :D Might find some recipes here hopefully, yay!

welcome aboard lia lia :)

Also, love the signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Rosym

Hi all,
    Im Rosy, 29 and a veggie for 22 years, grew up on a farm, seen and understood waaaaay too much about how meat ends up on your plate when i was younger, so as a result never ate it again!
    Kinda new to all this posting on boards, how does this group work? Do ye swap receipes, tips? Or do u all meat (ha ha) up??

• Advertisement
Advertisement