Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lanysmiles:)

Lurker here, Jeremiah is my name (as if you haven't guessed).

I have been thinking of trying vegetarianism for awhile, but I can't give up chocolate at the minute, never mind meat. Do people wean themselves off it or just a sudden sharp shock?

I guess its kind of for moral reasons that I want to do it.

:) meat is easier to avoid than chocolate!

I just went cold turkey, if you eat a lot of veg anyway it shouldn't come as too much of a shock to the system. Plus! there's lots of meat alternatives that kinda have a similar texture like Quorn/Linda McCarty etc to help you just substitute straight away! :D
    Call me old fashioned, but I've never really been able to stomach the idea of eating meat, or animal products once I realized that a fish or chicken or goat was no different to eating cat or dog. Over the years I've heard some RIDICULOUS reasons that people justify eating meat like "oh the cow is a useless animal"....
    Pandora's pet mole.

lol! yes or "cows would die out if we didnt use them, we're keeping a species alive!" lets say pffff! to those reasons :3

also i'm imaging professor layton finding you as a tiny mole! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jailbait
    25305_414005725490_512260490_5509406_6013156_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

jailbait
    Care to explain to all? Unless this more suited to the Grapevine...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's a picture of me.

It's a picture of me.

Um :o
    Your not the seedy oul fella are ya?

• Advertisement

Haha I'm on the left, other two are two of my brothers.

Lurker here, Jeremiah is my name (as if you haven't guessed).

I have been thinking of trying vegetarianism for awhile, but I can't give up chocolate at the minute, never mind meat. Do people wean themselves off it or just a sudden sharp shock?

I guess its kind of for moral reasons that I want to do it.

I was just formulating an elaborate chocolate avoiding strategy for you.
    When it occured to me, that it might be the meat you want to give up. :o

I phased things out slowly and gradually. I didn't really even notice myself becoming a veggie.
    You could start by cutting out things that are more ethically objectionable.
    Like factory farmed meats. And go from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I was just formulating an elaborate chocolate avoiding strategy for you.

Well, I'll take that strategy too, though it may be off topic here. Just finished an Easter Egg on my own.

When it occured to me, that it might be the meat you want to give up. :o

I phased things out slowly and gradually. I didn't really even notice myself becoming a veggie.
    You could start by cutting out things that are more ethically objectionable.
    Like factory farmed meats. And go from there.

Yes, that is a good suggestion actually. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

If i can figure out this mobile phone internet dealy i'll post some pics of me. I haven't been contributing to this thread much

Yeah and we are still waiting on pix from the last night out. :p

you know how to get em on your comp yeah?
    Still dunno what song you are on about!

• Advertisement

Yea this isn't working via phone internet. I could turn on the computer but it's all the way across the room and i'm warm in bed. I'd like to attach a picture but i can't. Google batchalor frog

ok do it laterrrrrs. must have a drink one of these days. Lol, you know your 4chan memes don't you.

Great stuff smeg! The only nsfw one was electro face attacking my cheek aha
    lol at some of them, good memories

26496_380103309860_785779860_3561556_7480452_n.jpg
    ahahaah!

26496_380103294860_785779860_3561555_5575429_n.jpg

love that, what are you at raah :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

The one who looks ****faced...that would be me
    16744_177331029074_640289074_282226.jpg

There's one that doesn't look ****faced? Well one jsut looks scared I suppose :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Great stuff smeg! The only nsfw one was electro face attacking my cheek aha
    lol at some of them, good memories

Nooooo idea what you're talking about. Somebody put something in my drink that night like alcohol the finalé is pretty good, never seen such a happy gay sequin ninja

no1m.jpg
    no2.jpg
    no3bh.jpg
    no4e.jpg
    no5v.jpg
    no6.jpg

lol

I can't believe they spiked your drink with alcohol like that:mad::mad:
    I couldn't beleive my eyes when I returne from teh toiled and raah was half naked talking to a flaming homosexual man in besequined attire. I musta got spiked too:mad::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Lolz at those pictures. I was quite moldy faced... if that's a term to describe drunkeness :P

Also lolz at electro~water :D

• Advertisement

smegmar wrote: »
    no1m.jpg
    no2.jpg
    no3bh.jpg
    no4e.jpg
    no5v.jpg
    no6.jpg

lol
    Bust myself laughing in the library!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Told ya it was good:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

New to this forum! I'm Kellie! I've been a veggie for nearly five years now and currently flirting with the idea of veganism...I'm lactose intolerant but ignore it mostly, so I'm thinking of just going for it! (Even if my boyfriend calls me a hippy!)

I'm 20, live in Maynooth, study there too! Psychology English and Geography first arts, love it.

I wasn't allowed become a vegetarian until I was 16 so I started the day I turned 16! Never looked back! All my family eat meat, as does my boyfriend, but I don't mind.

This is me on the right...the other person is my grandad!! So definitely not me!
    photo.php?pid=2795715&id=1420393568

Welcome here Kellie! 5 years for me too .o/
    Your photo didn't work, yoou need to right click teh facebok photo and copy image url. :)
    Cool that you like college, tis great really !

There ya are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Your grandad is really young! :O

Just realised that I changed the photo to me and my boyfriend hahahahaha!!
    That isn't my grandad!

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »

AAww that is so cute!!!

Welcome to the forum! :) Good luck with the veganism.

Advertisement