Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential Match Fixing Scandal?

• 07-07-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there's already a thread on this. This is a post taken from [url]www.nsno.co.uk:[/url]
    There's a little rumour going around (originating from a Blackburn board) that there's a big match fixing scandal about to break, relating to the FA Cup Final and suspicious bets being placed on the first Everton goals and the time it was scored.

From the Blackburn board
    "Might be a very big story hitting football world later in the week. But I can't say just yet."

---

"I can't say what the tale is but it is a very interesting one...I would love to go into some detail but there are people who keep an eye on titbits and can let you down. I can't write it just now because I've been sworn to secrecy on this for the moment.

There could be an announcement on this on Tuesday - but it is relating to something that happened just over a month ago.

It will be the first time this has happened and it will be interesting to see how football handles it.

Hoping to be able to write this but it is a very hard one to touch until it goes 'official.'

Rest assured it doesn't affect your club but it will cause an awful lot of talk...and raise some serious questions."

---

"I won't go into the whole thing as it's not my place to say, but basically OASAAS has a contact high up who says that 'allegedly' 4 players will be in big big big **** with the FA and police soon due to 'allegedly' match fixing for the first goal scored during a very prestigeous game in May, I won't name names but I can certainly say I was happy to see at least one of them mentioned!

Apparently the talk is of 4 year bans.

Apparently this is from Blackburn and/or Everton fans sites

Personally I think this is the most crazy rumour ever spread on the internet but on the off chance that it is true, jazus... Seemingly he's privately messaged some forum users that two of the players are Louis Saha and John Terry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,461 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there is no way they could have 'fixed' that goal imo.

Hang - big match in May - I reckon it was Giggs and the CL final, would explain his truly shocking game losing performance i reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nixon was talking about the paddy kenny thing

the match fixing idea was the greatest load of nonsense ive ever heard and was completely made up based on what nixon said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Helix wrote: »
    nixon was talking about the paddy kenny thing

the match fixing idea was the greatest load of nonsense ive ever heard and was completely made up based on what nixon said
    well then he severely exaggerated too haha

yeah he did, and he apologised for it earlier as well

smackable offence tho lol

• Advertisement

That's crazy to think he can come up with such rubbish

ok just to point out

the third bit of the quite... thats not nixon

thats some random poster giving his idea

i didnt notice they were being presented as a single thing attributed to the same journo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Highly doubt it.

As for the 2 mentioned, Terry is rich beyond belief, and is chelsea captain, really see no reason for him to throw a goal in a final.

And Saha? "Ok, Louis, here's how its gonna go, on exactly the 1st minute, you score a scorcher on the volly from the edge of the box, yeah?"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I'd love to hear any plausible reason why 100k+ a week footballers (John Terry) would find a need to get involved in any sort of match fixing?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Highly doubt it.

As for the 2 mentioned, Terry is rich beyond belief, and is chelsea captain, really see no reason for him to throw a goal in a final.

And Saha? "Ok, Louis, here's how its gonna go, on exactly the 1st minute, you score a scorcher on the volly from the edge of the box, yeah?"
    Like I said. Crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

spockety wrote: »
    I'd love to hear any plausible reason why 100k+ a week footballers (John Terry) would find a need to get involved in any sort of match fixing?

cos he doesn't get on well with petr cech!

spockety wrote: »

didn't Owen or someone similar getting in massive gambling debts a few years ago (may have been Rooney) and there had to be 'talks'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

how in the name of god could sahas goal be fixed.

hmm let me see now

ok so Everton will win the kick off and we will let them swing it down to the inside left channel, then we will leave them swing a cross into the box and have it pre arranged that fellaini is right on hand to nod it into the path of saha who is lurking, he will meet this header with a smack bang volley right on cue and send it flying into the net, right after 40 seconds..

sounds good, lets do it.

:)

beggars belief

maybe the fix is to do with barca and man u, truly shocking performance that left a lot of people broke in fairness...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

didn't Owen or someone similar getting in massive gambling debts a few years ago (may have been Rooney) and there had to be 'talks'

Think Rooney owed Owen fortunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

legs11 wrote: »
    how in the name of god could sahas goal be fixed.

hmm let me see now

ok so Everton will win the kick off and we will let them swing it down to the inside left channel, then we will leave them swing a cross into the box and have it pre arranged that fellaini is right on hand to nod it into the path of saha who is lurking, he will meet this header with a smack bang volley right on cue and send it flying into the net, right after 40 seconds..

sounds good, lets do it.

:)

beggars belief

maybe the fix is to do with barca and man u, truly shocking performance that left a lot of people broke in fairness...:rolleyes:

Just playing devil's advocate, and I can't remember the goal, but really all you'd have to do is give the striker enough space to have a chance. If he scores a wondergoal, job done too.

Fairly unbelievable though, unless the lads are being paid millions upon millions. Or forced into it.

Advertisement