Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advise on Mats

Options
  • 07-07-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am setting up my own gym and am looking for some advise as to which mats i should use for grappling. I was in SBG Long Mile Road and noticed that John has mats they look like they are out of a builder providers. I am not looking for the ordinary excercise mats, these mats look like they are 2 inches tick and spongey. Can anyone direct me as to where to get mats like those.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I think sbg have a custom mat made as do Kokoro, Costs a bit of $$ but worth it, I've rolled on the one in kokoro and it's one giant seamless mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yeah Kokoro have Dollamur Mats, they are in my opinion the best mats you can get. But I think you'd have to get them shipped from America which would probably be half the battle. Lots of $$$$$.

Would love to know where people get their mats in Ireland tho. I know you can get the jigsaw mats like you'd see on a creche floor in Smiths Toystore I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Yes a warehouse up off the long mile road sells the jig-saw mats "AIM" is the factory just cant think of the estate name..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

SBG mats are Judo mats covered by a big wrestling mat to prevent mat burn etc,its works great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

We have Zebra matts, the MMA mat they do is a velvety smooth finish that's soft on your hands. Not cheap it has to be said but worth it for the quality. MaeveD on here can give you more info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Judofirst

We supply Geemats, which are the best judo mats available
    Andy Ryan use the same mats in his gym, as does Kieran Foley in Coolmine Judo Club and Ray Butcher in his new Defend U gym.
    We have 180 sq. mts permanently down in the Dublin School of Judo with the matching wall cladding, from the same factory. You can see photos of the same at www.dsj.ie
    You can contact me about availability & prices on 086-2703220
    Alan Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Hi guys,

Heres the cheapest contact we have seen for 40mm jigsaw mats

www.mu-sa.co.uk

Give them a call, ask for Charlie and mention that Paul from IFS Northern Ireland told you about them - they might offer you a discount but i think their prices are already the cheapest in the UK

Hope this helps

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

http://www.mcsport.ie/agility-mats/p-mat155pd.aspx

We used the 12 x 4s from here. Loose cover over high density foam. 10 year guarantee on the covers which are easily replaced. Feels like a wrestling mat so great for throws and no burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Judofirst wrote: »
    ...and Ray Butcher in his new Defend U gym

Not exactly true, we have some judo mats around the outside and blue Zebra MMA mats are in the middle... they're much better for grappling, say goodbye to mat burns :)

John's mats look like they came out a builders providers!!! :eek::eek: ouch, I guess you're not going back so, you'll get choked out for a comment like that :)

Advertisement