Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayTV Discussion (reasonable discussion ONLY!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭dangerpowers

It would have been a different answer had I posted it when I got the answer

Can someone from TV3 please tell me why V was not on tonight and was instead replaced by some idiot who put the whole country where we are now

ie in the crapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

V has finished up until the new year. No new stuff from the states until March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I did tell everyone reading this thread that it was an outrageaous answer ;):pac:

thanks to my contact(s) for supplying that, I still find it very funny

Yeah, but the odds of a Play TV answer being outrageous are about the same as the odds that Tomorrow is Friday.

Yeah, but the odds of a Play TV answer being outrageous are about the same as the odds that Tomorrow is Friday.

True, but did anyone really think it would be that outrageous?!

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    V has finished up until the new year. No new stuff from the states until March.

I was hoping someone in Tv3 would tell me, but thanks anyway!, the series seems to be broken up into 2 separate ones due to fluctuating viewing figures in the US

No to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

enigmatiq wrote: »
    Attached image is a composite showing call levels from 00:33am to 1:28am this morning.
    97897.png
    Interesting graphic. May prove useful in arguing about the lack of calls despite the obvious number ringing in.

Another all nighter , countries containing the letters A and I

Wonder what the odds that the answer is Narnia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Our Eileen from Cork was the first caller in at a nano second past 12 with the answer Argentina.. Watching here with my sister and when the phone rang i said messing its Eileen and it was, lol..

Well they don't say it has to be a real country.

Interesting, second night in a row that the signal was disrupted enough to stop recording. just as well was on hand to resume it.

Interesting, second night in a row that the signal was disrupted enough to stop recording. just as well was on hand to resume it.
    Ballymount is conspiring against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

Albania Algeria Armenia Australia Austria Bolivia Bulgaria Cambodia Colombia Croatia Estonia Ethiopia The Gambia Georgia India Indonesia Latvia Liberia Lithuania Macedonia Malaysia Mauritania Micronesia Mongolia Namibia NigeriaRomania Russia Saudi Arabia Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Somalia St. Lucia Syria Tanzania Tunisia Zambia

before even looking at any other A & I names such as Mali...

but its countries containing A and I.

Ballymount is conspiring against you.

True!

The answer is Namibia ;)

Yes, I realise that. I was just pointing out that just those ENDING in IA makes for a long list.

Antrim is a feckin county .

• Advertisement

Well they don't say it has to be a real country.

Lauren just said it definately is a real country lol, hi play tv producer if your reading sent in a complaint about your game last night too by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

haven't been on here for ages..............just flicking through the channels, what the hell is up with that bird's accent? does she always speak like she is doing a cross between a whisper and talking??

If I seen a pic of her face I would think she was fat but she actually has quite a nice body, however the doll on UTV has a serious nice rack on her and looks hot in that tight dress (even if it looks like she has ripped up part of the set and stuck it on herself)

Full list:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Congo, The Democratic Republic of , Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji Islands, Finland, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gambia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See (Vatican City State), Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Kiribati, Kuwait, Latvia, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Federated States of, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South , Sandwich Islands, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S., Wallis and Futuna, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe

I'm going with Kiribati or Turks and Caicos

Of course, it won't be now ....

EDIT: Countries beginning with M and containing A and I:

Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Federated States of, Mongolia, Mozambique

Martinique is not a country, it is an island which is a part of France.

Is martinique a country? isn't it just a part of France but located in the caribbean? I was an Island over from it in September, courtesy of my €4622 winnings from playtv :)

Great minds :)

You are quite right. I didn't vet everything on the list - just ripped it from a site that had a plain text list and filtered for A and I. Martinique is not listed on the Wikipedia country list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Maldives for me

Micronesia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

malaysia

Mali

Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

Mauritania, Mauritius

98011.png

And with that, it's goodnight from me

on the plus side, at least she shut up for a while.

• Advertisement

Can someone tell me if the BAI mentioned the whole waiting until 2.57 before taking a call?

Answer is Rome Beiging Paris.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

50 minutes with no call. Might be one in the next 10 mins. and possibly wrong.
    ~~
    Goodnight all

Finally took a call

Answer to this one is A4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Whos that girl

Holy moly, a blast from the past :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Whats she doing back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Am I imagining things...is that a blast from the past????

115 and 81 live entries in the last two minutes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

That's Derval. I remember her back in the summer when her hair was much darker in colour. She certainly looks a lot more fresher than she did then.

Maybe the break has done her good!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

misty76 wrote: »
    Nah, she said about the second chance and thats only a recent thing.. lol

And they hadn't got those name games when she was on before!

This is not a repeat.

squid
    shark
    llama
    okapi
    zebra
    shark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

3 month sabbatical??

Just screwing with you's all, my helpful way of stopping people from ringing, although I'm almost sure she did say 'this Thursday' at the beginning, which also made me say it

I suggest you stop talking bollocks dangerpowers, the set was completely different the last time dervel mellet was on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement