Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling before working in new zealand

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I just go my working visa for new zealand approved, it says something about not travelling before then though? does anyone know anything about this? i'm going to be travelling for 4 months before i make it anywhere near new zealand and im worried!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Never heard of such a restriction myself but why dont you just pop an email to Immigration to make sure? Is your work permit tied to a certain employer allready?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Ah they prob dont want you traveling to Malaria hotspots or swine flu infected areas, advice as above email the immigration crowd..

all the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tipptop2008

Lots of info on the NZ working holiday visa at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm.

Says nothing about not travelling beforehand. Wouldn't make sense for them to stop ppl coming into NZ that have travelled beforehand as I'd say most people heading to NZ on a working holiday visa normally do a bit of travelling before.

Advertisement