Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identify markings on spanish shotgun?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Its "De Miguel Larranaga". Its side by side, 12g. Im not sure when it was made, maybe the last 50 years. (maybe tell me that too!) I want to know what the markings mean on the gun. I circled them in differant colours.

I know 12-70 means 12 gauge 70mm. And "ML" is Miguel Larranaga and i think this mark is given to lower grade models but im not sure.

If you need anymore pictures just say so. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jacobo

Killguru wrote: »
    Its "De Miguel Larranaga". Its side by side, 12g. Im not sure when it was made, maybe the last 50 years. (maybe tell me that too!) I want to know what the markings mean on the gun. I circled them in differant colours.

I know 12-70 means 12 gauge 70mm. And "ML" is Miguel Larranaga and i think this mark is given to lower grade models but im not sure.

If you need anymore pictures just say so. Thanks.

I think this page http://personales.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones_eibar_1931.html will give you some of the information you seek.

Linked from: http://personales.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones.html

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

The star under the barrels is a choke marking, one star = full choke, two star = 3/4 choke etc. The 850 k/cm is the pressure the barrel is tested for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Killguru

Thanks everyone!

I also found from that site that the gun was made in 1944! Thats what the "O" means. But i patterned the gun and its perfect. Whoever had it before me must have minded it. Infact i just blasted a magpie not half an hour ago! :D

Advertisement