Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passed my test

• 07-07-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Passed my test without a single mark on the sheet. Chuffed I am. David Lyons gave me my pre test and I defo recommend him!

Clean sheet FTW!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

congrats !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Well Done :D.

Now the two year countdown begins. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Yew!

nice one man,

Yup that David Lyons is some man for one man alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Nice one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Wooohooo let the good times roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

well done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Congrats, nothing like a bit of pink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Passed my test without a single mark on the sheet.

Nice. Who gave you yr test?

Did mine last month in Tallaght and the guy was gas. Didn't get his name but he clearly didn't give a toss!

Asked me the standard questions before and would stop me half way thorugh saying 'fine fine'.

Then during the test seemed to be only half paying attention!

For the hazard avoidance section he parked 100% off the road in an inlay so no hazard to avoid!

it was beautiful-didn't do a great test due to nerves but he only gave me one mark.

I'm a big fan of his....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

nice one.

If I got one more mark on my test I would have failing ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Congrats Donkey!

Tip - don't delay in applying for your new licence - remember your 2 years probation period only starts from the date of the pink licence...not the date of your test!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

May as well add to this, passed mine in Cork last week on the pouring wet rain day, guy was same in that he wasn't too concerned with technicalities but focused on riding. Licence got and all, found it strange the fact they also fill in the A1 slot even though you are obviously automatically entitled to ride it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Nodster, the very same day I drove to the motor tax office for my licence. Not only did I want to start the 2 year clock, but I wanted to get money back off my insurance. In a few months when I have some more money I'm gonna do an assesment with David Lyone to get some more money off my insurance now. Once the restrictor comes off my bike, I can see the insurance going up quite a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Hey DonkeyRhubarb,
    Congrats on the pass and the clean sheet!!
    Passed myself on Wednesday last (didn't get a clean sheet though, 3 Grade 2s, but hey, I'm delighted with that!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Nodster wrote: »
    Congrats Donkey!

Tip - don't delay in applying for your new licence - remember your 2 years probation period only starts from the date of the pink licence...not the date of your test!!

Excuse my ignornance what is the 2 year probation period?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Excuse my ignornance what is the 2 year probation period?

When you pass your test you get a restricted licence. Bike Cant exceed a certain a certain power output.

Oh and congrats on passin the test man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

Wahey, passed my A license test this morning on the first attempt. Have to say the dude conducting the test couldn't have been more sound! Delighted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Wahey, passed my A license test this morning on the first attempt. Have to say the dude conducting the test couldn't have been more sound! Delighted

Nice one, now begins the two year countdown eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Nice one, now begins the two year countdown eh? :D
    Yes! and no :(

At the moment I amn't actually using my bike anymore at all. It was stolen on me a few months back, but I managed to recover it. However it was obvious that the thieves were gonna come back for it so I now have it locked up in my folks house which makes it impractical for me to use.

I'm hoping to move in the next year or so though at which point she'll be back in business, as I wont be moving anywhere I cant lock her safely.

Will be getting the license ASAP though anyway so I'll be ready to jump up as soon as the 2 years is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yes! and no :(

At the moment I amn't actually using my bike anymore at all. It was stolen on me a few months back, but I managed to recover it. However it was obvious that the thieves were gonna come back for it so I now have it locked up in my folks house which makes it impractical for me to use.

I'm hoping to move in the next year or so though at which point she'll be back in business, as I wont be moving anywhere I cant lock her safely.

Will be getting the license ASAP though anyway so I'll be ready to jump up as soon as the 2 years is up.

Get a big dog. Or a Almax chain. Or both.

Advertisement