Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some ales & bitters in the Scottish Highlands?

• 08-07-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Off to Scotland on Saturday for a week. Am v fond of real ales etc like Adnam's Broadside / SSB, Black Sheep Ale, Hobgoblin, Fiddler's Elbow, Old Hooky, Belfast Ale, London Pride and so on. Was on Islay last year and they had a great local brew called Black Rock. Anyway, this time we'll be up in the Highlands, based in Pitlochry & touring around. Any suggestions for some local pints I might like?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Arran ale. My OH is from there and introduced me to it, my preference is the dark but there's also a very nice light ale. Definitely give it a try if you see it, I've seen it in supermarkets in the islands and highlands outside of Arran so it should be in pubs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

Cheers, will keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

CAMRA Scotland is a good place to start and the good beer guide is a good investment

http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=scotlandnireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Harviestouns Bitter and Twisted, or Haggis Hunter.
    MMmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Anything from Orkney Brewery if ya can get it

• Advertisement
Advertisement