Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBS 60 Minutes -1976 Swine Flu -banned released.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Excellent find your the dude

I am plastering that on as many forums and info points around the planet as I can
    The more people who know that Vaccine Kill like in this link
    http://revlu.com/vac.htm means if eneogh people resist vaccines then a WHO forced vaccine program could fail

Keep plastering that type of link everywhere you can and hopefullly save lives and unnecessary injury from VOODOO medicine vaccines, especialy expermental rushed into rapid service Vaccines often the most dangerous types

Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

it's a different virus....

you're idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

..and you're banned for a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

bleg wrote: »
    it's a different virus....

you're idiots

its a pretty good little piece actually.. it's about vaccine pressure rather then viral strains and it's quite shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Swine Flu Vaccine Propaganda from 1976: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASibLqwVbsk
    P.S. Interesting change since I first saw this video on YouTube. The volume of the announcers voice, encouraging take up of the shot, seems to have been deliberately lowered, compared to the other actors. Now it's barely audible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

You'd have to feel that those tv ads would have had the potential to scare the crap out of people in 1976. "Mary had a heart condition ... and she died". :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

are there many survivors of swine flu who didn't take tamiflu?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Martyr wrote: »
    are there many survivors of swine flu who didn't take tamiflu?

If you go online and look the problems from Tamaflu you wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.Most reportsst date most everybody gets better with no medical drugs

Anyway sent email to the RTE complaints complaints "rte.ie and got reply the info to be forwarded to news
    rte wrote:
    thank you for your e-mail, which is being forwarded for information to the RTÉ Newsdesk.

With best regards
    Nina Ward
    RTÉ Information Office

Before you, or your friends and family, take Tamiflu, please do a little research first. For example, even checking out Wikipedia reveals some worrying facts about Tamiflu (chemical name Oseltamivir):
    Adverse effects
    Common adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with oseltamivir therapy (occurring in over 1% of clinical trial participants) include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and headache. Rare ADRs include: hepatitis and elevated liver enzymes, rash, allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.

Various other ADRs have been reported in postmarketing surveillance including: toxic epidermal necrolysis, cardiac arrhythmia, seizure, confusion, aggravation of diabetes, and haemorrhagic colitis.

Neurological effects
    There are concerns that oseltamivir may cause dangerous psychological, neuropsychiatric side effects including self harm in some users. These dangerous side effects occur more commonly in children than in adults. This stems from cases in Japan, where the drug is most heavily prescribed, consuming 60% of the world's production. Concern has focused on teenagers, but problems have also been reported in children and adults.

Tamiful is an anti-viral drug, so it's no surprise it's being manufactured by the same companies that make other anti-virals, such as those used to treat HIV. These drugs are dangerous and highly toxic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Oracle wrote: »
    Before you, or your friends and family, take Tamiflu, please do a little research first. For example, even checking out Wikipedia reveals some worrying facts about Tamiflu (chemical name Oseltamivir):

Yeah it's weird that two friends of mine one of whom is a hospital pharmacist and the other a doctor, both think tamiflu is safe. Crazy huh! Imagine if they only had access to the interweb.

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cbs+60+minutes%2C+swine+flu+vaccine/video/x9mh9f_swine-flu-1976-propaganda_webcam

CBS " 60 MINUTES" documentary on the swine flu epidemics of 1976 in the U.S. It went on air only once and was never shown again. Please look at this, it talks by itself.

Firstly it's a different virus, secondly 60 minutes is a topical news magazine show, you don't show repeats of news night, so why do you think it's strange this 60 minutes show wasn't re broadcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Diogenes wrote: »
    Firstly it's a different virus, secondly 60 minutes is a topical news magazine show, you don't show repeats of news night, so why do you think it's strange this 60 minutes show wasn't re broadcast?

Firstly both your criticisms are invalid in relation to the actual substance of the piece they ran. You only succeed in highlighting polishpaddy's sensationalist angle. Forget that, he's human - what are your opinions on the piece?
    Secondly as I have already said on another thread I'm good friends with a couple who are both oncologists. He trained in Switzerland with some of the leading peope in his field. He is also highly trained in pharmacology so he's a good source for me to bounce various things off. He is not only dubious about vaccines but very dubious about the amount of vaccines that American children take (he said before it was in the region of 20?).
    I think that a doctor alone is far more open about their suspicions/beliefs than when they are in professional company.
    This does not prove anything of course. I'd simply like more information on trials of new vaccines and more open public debate and analysis of such.

Diogenes wrote: »
    Yeah it's weird that two friends of mine one of whom is a hospital pharmacist and the other a doctor, both think tamiflu is safe. Crazy huh! Imagine if they only had access to the interweb.

It's up to each person to research for themselves about the medicines they take, that's why I posted. Don't rely on what pharmacists, doctors or the media tell you. At one time hospital pharmacists and doctors thought Thalidomide was safe, we now know otherwise. Whether they have "access to the interweb" or not, the sad reality is, it's about the money. Pharmacists and doctors only get paid when they diagnose, prescribe, dispense or vaccinate, and the pharmaceutical companies get sales as a result. So they all have a vested interest in promoting these medications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It's up to each person to research for themselves about the medicines they take, that's why I posted. Don't rely on what pharmacists, doctors or the media tell you. At one time hospital pharmacists and doctors thought Thalidomide was safe, we now know otherwise. Whether they have "access to the interweb" or not, the sad reality is, it's about the money. Pharmacists and doctors only get paid when they diagnose, prescribe, dispense or vaccinate, and the pharmaceutical companies get sales as a result. So they all have a vested interest in promoting these medications.

It's interesting that you bring up thalidomide.

How exactly was it found to be dangerous?
    Was it wild speculation and mistrust of doctors and scientists?

No. It was scientific evidence that eventually showed it was dangerous.
    The Australian obstetrician William McBride and the German pediatrician Widukind Lenz suspected a link between birth defects and the drug, and this was proved by Lenz in 1961.[10][11] McBride was later awarded a number of honours including a medal and prize money by the prestigious L'Institut de la Vie in Paris.[12]

But they're just doctors and you can't trust them right?

But what about the sinister FDA surely they where supporting this drug in spite of the danger?

Oh wait, they didn't.
    The impact in the United States was minimized when the pharmacologist Frances Oldham Kelsey refused Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for an application from Richardson Merrell to market thalidomide, saying more study was needed. Richardson Merrell gave the tablets to doctors on the understanding that the drug was still under investigation. Seventeen children in the U.S. were born with the defects.

And as we know all business men like pharmacists every where are evil because of the money.
    That's why all petrol stations never worry about safety or restaurant ever clean their kitchens.

The problem with telling people not to trust science and look for the information themselves is that most people don't know how to identify pseudo science and quackery.
    Hence you get people buying into sites like Naturalmedicine.com because of the sensationalism and slick marketing.

Pharmacists and doctors only get paid when they diagnose, prescribe, dispense or vaccinate, and the pharmaceutical companies get sales as a result. So they all have a vested interest in promoting these medications.

My Doctor doesn't work on commission, and my friends are employees of the state and get a salary.

Advertisement