Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P/C to DVD Transfer

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I'm not really up to speed with this stuff,so bear with me.

We got married last year,and a friend of a friend of a friend,did the video for us.

We got the dvd back,but it will only play on the pc,it won't play on the dvd.
    Is there anyway of changing the format so we can get it copied onto a playable dvd.
    We had a few issues withthe fella,so I'm not all that keen on going back to him.

Any ideas would be great.

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

big ste wrote: »

We got married last year,and a friend of a friend of a friend,did the video for us.

Is there anyway of changing the format so we can get it copied onto a playable dvd.
    We had a few issues withthe fella,so I'm not all that keen on going back to him.

Ste
    Hi
    save the disc to your pc and use your windows
    media player to burn it to new disc
    using media player options format it to "dvd"

should be ok then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 big ste

minxie wrote: »
    Hi
    save the disc to your pc and use your windows
    media player to burn it to new disc
    using media player options format it to "dvd"

should be ok then :)

Hi Minxie,

That's brilliant,thanks a mill,star !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Ste

Is it a proper dvd or is it a computer file saved onto DVD?

If its a proper dvd it might not play on your own particular dvd player(especially if its an old dvd player or playstation 2). if thats the case you could try copying it on your pc. Use a slow speed eg x2 and good quality disc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 big ste

Bob Z wrote: »
    Is it a proper dvd or is it a computer file saved onto DVD?

If its a proper dvd it might not play on your own particular dvd player(especially if its an old dvd player or playstation 2). if thats the case you could try copying it on your pc. Use a slow speed eg x2 and good quality disc

Hi Bob,

As far as I know,he transferred the video he shot onto a harddrive,then copied that onto a dvd that should have been able to play on our dvd player.When we put it in,it couldn't read the disc,so I'm presuming it can only be played on a pc,we had the same problems with the disc that had the photo's on as well,it would only play on the pc,so what with me being a bit thick with this kind of thing,I'm at a loss.

Thanks again for any help,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Hi Bob,

As far as I know,he transferred the video he shot onto a harddrive,then copied that onto a dvd that should have been able to play on our dvd player.When we put it in,it couldn't read the disc,so I'm presuming it can only be played on a pc,we had the same problems with the disc that had the photo's on as well,it would only play on the pc,so what with me being a bit thick with this kind of thing,I'm at a loss.

Thanks again for any help,

Steve

Try it on another dvd player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Has the disk been finalized?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 VideoPhoto

The DVD format used and working on your computer is probably DVD+RW.

You need to transfer that DVD to Video and back onto a format that plays on your DVD player.

What format plays on your DVD player?
    Check the bottom of the DVD player and see DVD+R or DVD-r or other combination.

Convert the video to DVD now using that format.

I do this regularly for people and it's quick enough.

I'm in Cork city area if you need any help contact me.

Cheers

Advertisement