Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick lunch time blast

• 08-07-2009 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is a quick lunch time blast on the auld motorised bicycle very therapeutic ??

I brought my bike with me to work this morning, no real need because I usually get a lift and then walk home. But I'm really stressed at the moment and I find getting away from the office and tearing up the Autobahn is a great way to break up the day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KTRIC wrote: »
    ...and I find getting away from the office and tearing up the Autobahn....

quiet you.

the m1 doesn't have the same ring to it.

But yes, I agree, a spin on the bike is a great reliever of tensions. I see the difference in work between car commuters and bikers. Bikers wide awake and ready for work - car drivers still half asleep. As to whether bikers actually avail of the wide awakedness for work that is another matter :)
    It is one of those unnoticed things in the work place because car driving and dozing are part and parcel of the majority so it sort of is de facto.

I'm cycling now on occasion and it is the same as on the motorbike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

In my old job, there were more-than-average motorcyclists. Because the place was a pit of misery, no one really had any enthuasism anytime, but there was always a good culture between the motorcyclists. It's a kind of club:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nothing like it to cleat the head, out on the road you don't think about forms/stocktakes or whatever, just where you're going.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Amen, so much fun to go for a spin to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Had a nice lunch time spin, parked up the bike in the corner of a pedestrian zone at the front of our building , way away from any fire service access, people walking etc

Got in the lift and the office services manager wreaked my buzz by asking me if I think its a good idea to park there. Fu*king C*unt :mad:

He mentioned the police won't like it. If I come back to a big sticker from the cops he's getting his cage keyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

...asking me if I think its a good idea to park there....

I'd answer "yes" and walk off.

It's probably not the most "efficient" place to park :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

nereid wrote: »
    I'd answer "yes" and walk off.

That's exactly what I would have said.

I went back out an moved it, seems parking is not allowed in that zone. F*cking Gerry's are annoying me recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I don't go during lunch cos I work in the city. But on the way home taking the scenic route up through the mountains is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I went back out an moved it, seems parking is not allowed in that zone. F*cking Gerry's are annoying me recently.

It would probably be ok if it was a German bike!
    Anytime i go out for lunch on my bike i get back late. ;)

• Advertisement

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    It would probably be ok if it was a German bike!
    Anytime i go out for lunch on my bike i get back late. ;)

It is , it would be best if it was Irish, then I wouldn't get a parking ticket.

1 hour and I'm back on that bad boy, topped her up with 98 Ron at lunch and I don't think I'm going home this evening. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I meant German as in BMW etc... You have a zzr right? :)

Advertisement