Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bikes at oxegen

• 08-07-2009 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

just wondering has anybody driven to oxegen in the past ?
    got tickets for fri so going to take the gixxer to beat the traffic
    and wanted to know....

how close to the venue can you drive ??
    is there safe parking, even tho i,ll have it locked to the hilt ??
    do they allow you in with helmets ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If it is anything like the parking at AC/DC should be fine, just make sure you bring a heap of locks and find a good anchor point. I left the Gixer at home and took the hacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭afex

cheers run.....so ok to bring the lids in ? wdnt wana chain it to the bike incase some scumball thinks its funny to take a leak there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

afex wrote: »
    cheers run.....so ok to bring the lids in ? wdnt wana chain it to the bike incase some scumball thinks its funny to take a leak there.....

A crap would be so much more funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

That would be the last place I'd bring my bike to - thousands of pubicessent teens outta their tiny minds puking/peeing/dumping on your pride and joy? nothankyouverymuch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I wouldn't bring a bike within 50 miles of the place. Asking for trouble to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

not advisable i wouldnt bring my bike near the place and i'll be in the security area

dont compare aload of acdc head to a load of little dublin ****s with far more drink and drugs than they can ever hope to handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha ha your security again slapper. Nice one. Hope ya have your running gear on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

seanybiker wrote: »
    ha ha your security again slapper. Nice one. Hope ya have your running gear on.
    forget running i' wanna bring the shotgun with beanbag rounds :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I saw a british ducati 848 at the acdc gig parked inside the main blue carpark.
    it was parked beside a car in the main carpark. However a few things to note.
    This weekend it is due to rain and rain hard. The ground aruond the carpark and campsite will become a marsh. no if's or buts.
    Apart from muddying up your nice gsxr, r1, blade whatever... try putting a side stand down on soft ground... we are talking replacement fairings now!
    About the only bike i would bring to oxygen woudl be a gs adventure with touratec boxes, engine guards etc... think the long way round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

This weekend it is due to rain and rain hard. The ground aruond the carpark and campsite will become a marsh. no if's or buts.
    Apart from muddying up your nice gsxr, r1, blade whatever... try putting a side stand down on soft ground... we are talking replacement fairings now!
    About the only bike i would bring to oxygen woudl be a gs adventure with touratec boxes, engine guards etc... think the long way round!

Soft ground, did you never see one of these, or hear of a squashed beer can for under the side stand.

brno581blue023.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

abit of wood or stone does wonders too, fairing should not be on a bike anyway. good reason to make it in to a nice streetfighter!!

Advertisement