Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Kennel?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

We've just had a bit of work done in the garden and have some wood left over. I wanted to build a cat kennel on top of the bin shed. It's 1200mm from the ground, the cats love relaxing in the sun on it. It's large enough for me to leave a sun bathing area, have a cat kennel and put plants around the outside (for kitty privacy). The cats sleep indoors before I look negligent, but since we got the dog, the poor things don't get much peace out the back, so this might be a good solution, they can still relax in the garden with us, but feel safe and removed from the dog. This will not be an enclosure.

I can't find designs for a cat kennel anywhere. Would they prefer a front and back exit so they feel they can "flee" if they need to? How big should it be for 2 cats to lie comfortably in it? I have a general idea of what I want to do to give them a safe relaxing space, but not really sure how to do it.

Also, are there any plants they would particurlary love or hate? Anything I should avaid planting in an area I'm trying to encourage them to relax in? If I have some herbs/strawberries will they rob them on me (the dog has all of my raspberries gone so I wouldn't be suprised)

Advertisement