Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's newest and biggest Nightclub - Wright Venue - Swords

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:09am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard about this place? Some massive club / "Entertainment Complex" opening this friday - in Airside???

Website: http://www.thewrightvenue.ie - The brochure: http://wkdevelopments.com/salesbrochure.pdf

3 Floors, 6 bars, 40,000sqft, 5 Terraces, LA Style rooftop bar, 1,400 capacity nightclub - oh and get this, it has a Stabucks and a TGI Fridays too!!! Hahahahahaah

They are trying to start off with VIP Bars, table service and cocktails, but I'd say give it 6 months and it will be like big Tamango's!

This should be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mr.sneak

ye passed it a while ago, fairly cool looking from the outside..

I said the exact same thing, a few months and they'll be dragging in the very 'scum' they were turning away at the start.

dont think theres room for another place like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I'm going to go in to ride all the poser ponce little slappers before all the scum are allowed in to do it!

The marketing is great, you can get there by taxi, bus (the 74a though you see pictured goes nowhere near it and even the area of Stephen's Green has nothing whatsoever got to do with it, unless you wanna stay in the Shelbourne). A metro due in 2013 (realistaclly 2018-2028).

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa............

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ha ha I know it will be full of all the little northside wannabe posh girls ;) - saying that I'm sure it would have soem great eye candy and you'd probably have better chance of getting laid than the equivelent southside club hahaha

I would be interested to check it out but its miles away from me. The pics of the main club room look like it could be cool but I'm sure it will be cheezetastic all the time. I wonder if they would ever have any proper DJ's in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not a great time to be launching a new "Exclusive" Nightclub!

But yeah, I find it funny when these places open and try to operate a strict policy. It works ok for the first couple months and then the realise that they have to pay for the big fancy desk in the lobby that looks like a big toenail clipping. Then it's a free for all.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

LOL! They all go the same way. Try to be exclusive but then they will not get the numbers after a while, especialyl with a place this big - so they will eventually have to cahnge their tune and let everyone in. At first some of the nackers will just wear nicer shoes and shirts but it will never exactly be China White ffs. I might actually go check it out, and then go back in a year and see how it has changed. I'd bet it will have a strong Eastern European following, which is great cause the birds will be savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

they just opened a friggin mega-club like this out my way, and it looks disgusting http://www.mantrabar.ie/index.php

walked by on opening night, and there was the longest queue of culchie mingers and over 40's I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

It's just down the road from me..pass it every week. It looks really cool but it has to be the crappiest location ever. It's in between a retail park, fourcourt and business park. It's really far out of Swords village and to get to it you have to cross a dual carriageway..not the most enticing for girls in their heels or anyone drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I hear it opens this weekend any one know if this is true?

Strictly Over 21's too. I wonder how long that'll last along with the no knackers door policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

That sucks!!! gotta wait a year to go there:mad::( damm 21's clubs!!!!!

It will last as long as the place is still cool and desireable, but I'd bet after a few months when the hype goes down and the business slows, they will change it.

However, some hot little 18 year old chick will get in no problem.

They just place these rules on to keep exclusitivity but that will not last too long I'd say. It's the northside after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

True that. I celebrated my 16th and 17th birthday in Tamangoes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spiderfear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

hi all just finished working in the wright venue you should see the women in the place jesus its really good to see irish women makeing the effort i say good to them the club is the biggest ireland has ever seem trust me i work in all the clubs all over the country i hope they do very well ...ps the dancers are so sexy if you pull one she will break your heart yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Well, I must agree the quality and quantity of women last night was fantastic...that wont last though and besides, you cant rate a club on fanny alone.

The club looks fantastic from the outside, however what lies inside is another thing. After queuing up or 20 mins at the side entrance (main entrance was reserved for VIP), and negotiating our way through the usual barrage of obnoxious bouncers, we finally got into what i can only describe as a huge disappointment. Once past the bouncers, the non vip members get to climb two flights of stairs (VIP's had lifts i believe) and pay a 15 euro entrance fee. Just before the cloakroom you are greeted by a small chick holding a huge freaking snake, accompanied by two naked chicks in gold paint in a sort of plexi glass cube. Tacky as fook if you ask me...and it gets worse...

As we are standing at the cloakroom, I hear the distant sound of the music being played...it sounded like chart / commercial music, "please god no" I said to myself! Once in main room, my fears were confirmed...the entire night consisted of the cheasiest commercial crap you would come to expect from the likes of an 18th teenage birthday party. The "DJ", was cranking out the very best from compilations such as "Now XX" or "This is Commercial Crap Volume XX". I listen to the radio all day at work, I DO NOT EXPECT to pay 15 euro to listen to it again in a so called "Super Club". If this wasn't enough, DJ stop and start showed off his skills by mashing the flanger / phaser / filter button relentlessly all night. This new club spent millions on this place but forgot to spend a few extra quid on a good DJ and establish a DECENT music policy...WTF???? It's like building a ferrari and forgetting to put the engine in! Most people i spoke to on the night felt the same way, and to prove my point, the dance floor was half empty ALL night.

That said, lets move onto the decor. If any of you have been to velvet / tamangos / crystal / lillies bordello then imagine that decor style. The clubs colour theme was red, red velvet curtains, red lights, red bars, red red red simply red! Not only does that promote hostility (red is an angry colour) but it felt i was in bleedin soho or something...

Moving swiftly on...I tried to have a nosey upstairs only to be harassed by another bouncer saying "VIP Only"! What the double fook? They effectively closed off all the top floors to the average punter on their OPENING NIGHT! Great idea...

So, out of sheer boredom from not being able to dance, I resorted to the smoking area and chat to me mates...at the bar, there were two barman who couldn't keep up with the clients. Not their fault, these guys were working their bollocks off, but you think management would fork out the extra 100 quid or so for another barman! On one round, my mate waited a full 20 minutes to get a pint.

The club closed at 2:30 (God bless Ireland's closing hours), so again, let the bouncer harassment begin! Push push, shout shout, the only thing missing was a whip cracking to get the punters out...i was expecting them to "release the hounds" at any given moment.

Once outside, there were plenty of taxis (hoooray!) and a bus...we enquired were the bus was going, "to swords" the driver yelled....and 5 euro at that! Are you fooking kidding me? We are ALREADY in Swords and they want 5 euro a head to be taken 1km down the road...you gotta be taking the p/ss right? Again, they spend millions on this place but cant afford to offer a free shuttle bus service? Bah...

To sum up this review, I think that if they changed the music policy they might have a chance at success...the services, decor and layout of the club will not be enough to bring the punters back (not this punter anyway). The women were hot and plentiful on that particular night, but as we have all come to learn, you cant count on that happening on a regular basis.

I do wish the Wright Venue the best of luck, but please, please pretty please, rethink your music policy...clubs are for music and dance, not tacky, extended hour drinking venues.

acman wrote: »
    Well, I must agree the quality and quantity of women last night was fantastic...that wont last though and besides, you cant rate a club on fanny alone.

The club looks fantastic from the outside, however what lies inside is another thing. After queuing up or 20 mins at the side entrance (main entrance was reserved for VIP), and negotiating our way through the usual barrage of obnoxious bouncers, we finally got into what i can only describe as a huge disappointment. Once past the bouncers, the non vip members get to climb two flights of stairs (VIP's had lifts i believe) and pay a 15 euro entrance fee. Just before the cloakroom you are greeted by a small chick holding a huge freaking snake, accompanied by two naked chicks in gold paint in a sort of plexi glass cube. Tacky as fook if you ask me...and it gets worse...

As we are standing at the cloakroom, I hear the distant sound of the music being played...it sounded like chart / commercial music, "please god no" I said to myself! Once in main room, my fears were confirmed...the entire night consisted of the cheasiest commercial crap you would come to expect from the likes of an 18th teenage birthday party. The "DJ", was cranking out the very best from compilations such as "Now XX" or "This is Commercial Crap Volume XX". I listen to the radio all day at work, I DO NOT EXPECT to pay 15 euro to listen to it again in a so called "Super Club". If this wasn't enough, DJ stop and start showed off his skills by mashing the flanger / phaser / filter button relentlessly all night. This new club spent millions on this place but forgot to spend a few extra quid on a good DJ and establish a DECENT music policy...WTF???? It's like building a ferrari and forgetting to put the engine in! Most people i spoke to on the night felt the same way, and to prove my point, the dance floor was half empty ALL night.

That said, lets move onto the decor. If any of you have been to velvet / tamangos / crystal / lillies bordello then imagine that decor style. The clubs colour theme was red, red velvet curtains, red lights, red bars, red red red simply red! Not only does that promote hostility (red is an angry colour) but it felt i was in bleedin soho or something...

Moving swiftly on...I tried to have a nosey upstairs only to be harassed by another bouncer saying "VIP Only"! What the double fook? They effectively closed off all the top floors to the average punter on their OPENING NIGHT! Great idea...

So, out of sheer boredom from not being able to dance, I resorted to the smoking area and chat to me mates...at the bar, there were two barman who couldn't keep up with the clients. Not their fault, these guys were working their bollocks off, but you think management would fork out the extra 100 quid or so for another barman! On one round, my mate waited a full 20 minutes to get a pint.

The club closed at 2:30 (God bless Ireland's closing hours), so again, let the bouncer harassment begin! Push push, shout shout, the only thing missing was a whip cracking to get the punters out...i was expecting them to "release the hounds" at any given moment.

Once outside, there were plenty of taxis (hoooray!) and a bus...we enquired were the bus was going, "to swords" the driver yelled....and 5 euro at that! Are you fooking kidding me? We are ALREADY in Swords and they want 5 euro a head to be taken 1km down the road...you gotta be taking the p/ss right? Again, they spend millions on this place but cant afford to offer a free shuttle bus service? Bah...

To sum up this review, I think that if they changed the music policy they might have a chance at success...the services, decor and layout of the club will not be enough to bring the punters back (not this punter anyway). The women were hot and plentiful on that particular night, but as we have all come to learn, you cant count on that happening on a regular basis.

I do wish the Wright Venue the best of luck, but please, please pretty please, rethink your music policy...clubs are for music and dance, not tacky, extended hour drinking venues.

Great review acman, you should apply for a job in The Irish Times or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dancelover

I was there last night and it was amazing, the music and atmosphere were brilliant. Doormen were really nice, talking to us in the queue and told us about next Thursdays official launch, i cant wait to go, bought my ticket Im so excited, wahoooooo! Pixie Lotts so good, cant believe I get to see her perform and for only €20! Gotta go get my new dress tomorrow! Anyone else going?

dancelover wrote: »
    I was there last night and it was amazing, the music and atmosphere were brilliant. Doormen were really nice, talking to us in the queue and told us about next Thursdays official launch, i cant wait to go, bought my ticket Im so excited, wahoooooo! Pixie Lotts so good, cant believe I get to see her perform and for only €20! Gotta go get my new dress tomorrow! Anyone else going?

I smell a drone... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Suspect,very suspect.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

There's been at least three in the thread so far.. Check that "blogpost" link above...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Guy from work went last weekend and says the doormen were refusing random people for no reason. Bit of a pain as if your refused theres nothing else around for you to do. Hope it ends up a massive failure as that **** really pisses me off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Zascar wrote: »
    Ha ha I know it will be full of all the little northside wannabe posh girls ;) - saying that I'm sure it would have soem great eye candy and you'd probably have better chance of getting laid than the equivelent southside club hahaha

Hmmmm...... yah.

Anyways, here's another thread on it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055559143

Might go myself once the 'hype' is all died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭francois

could be a kickin' as here http://www.rodeojoes.ie/ :D

Actually a mate of mine in work who would usually be the first to slate a place like this, was there at the weekend and said it was pretty dam impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Zascar wrote: »
    Actually a mate of mine in work who would usually be the first to slate a place like this, was there at the weekend and said it was pretty dam impressive.

Even though it's on the northside Zascar?? I dont belive him.....:)

He's a dirty Northsider himself actually! ;)
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I love posts like these.

If only they weren't cursed with such sizeable congenital stupidity, they wouldn't have to be practicing what they learnt in 'How to Fail at Internet Marketing'.

Posts like these are proof that the gene pool, while fantastically diverse and useful, is crying out for a lifeguard, or at least some chlorine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

here we go i knew it wouldnt be long before the northside/ southside thing showed it ugly head jesus christ get over yourself there is no northside no southside any more its just a big city in the **** just because you live on the southside it does not protect you from all the **** in dublin so get over yourself p.s the club in swords is well worth a visit no matter where you are from. p.s when the time comes me thinks a lot of southsiders will wish they were northsiders as the price of a house on the southside will be in negative equity for a lot longer than the real dublin northside

• Advertisement

here we go i knew it wouldnt be long before the northside/ southside thing showed it ugly head jesus christ get over yourself there is no northside no southside any more its just a big city in the **** just because you live on the southside it does not protect you from all the **** in dublin so get over yourself p.s the club in swords is well worth a visit no matter where you are from. p.s when the time comes me thinks a lot of southsiders will wish they were northsiders as the price of a house on the southside will be in negative equity for a lot longer than the real dublin northside
    Typical Northsider response

Advertisement