Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's newest and biggest Nightclub - Wright Venue - Swords

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

here we go i knew it wouldnt be long before the northside/ southside thing showed it ugly head jesus christ get over yourself there is no northside no southside any more its just a big city in the **** just because you live on the southside it does not protect you from all the **** in dublin so get over yourself p.s the club in swords is well worth a visit no matter where you are from. p.s when the time comes me thinks a lot of southsiders will wish they were northsiders as the price of a house on the southside will be in negative equity for a lot longer than the real dublin northside
    You must be lost, I think this is where you are looking for: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

If they have a shirt n' shoes policy like I've heard I'm not going.

Aside from that, I have to listen to Spin103 in work every day so I'm sure as **** not going to pay fifteen euro for the privilage in my free time. You can dress up a pig but it's still a pig. The sad thing about these clubs is that they have such potential, but at the end of the day it's just going to be five Barcodes stacked on top of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Pace2008 wrote: »
    If they have a shirt n' shoes policy like I've heard I'm not going.
    You can dress up a pig but it's still a pig.

:D I'm not sure if this is how you meant your comments - but it works for me. If your not willing to put in some effort to go out then find somewhere that wants you...

Grand so; decent clubs (an endagered species in Dublin) with real clubbers it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

decent clubs with real clubbers it is then.
    That's not what Wrights is - nor is it meant to be. Its a nightclub...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dancelover

he he, cant believe you all think Im a spy just because I'm a happy customer!! And a southsider customer at that!

Threads in which you've posted: this one.
    acman wrote: »

As we are standing at the cloakroom, I hear the distant sound of the music being played...it sounded like chart / commercial music, "please god no" I said to myself! Once in main room, my fears were confirmed...the entire night consisted of the cheasiest commercial crap you would come to expect from the likes of an 18th teenage birthday party.
    I was there last night and it was amazing, the music and atmosphere were brilliant.

I don't know, maybe the music was different the night you were there? You could be genuine but it does look a bit suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I heard it was going to be €20 in?
    Eitherway, overpriced for where it is (in the sticks) and you can rest assured the price of drink isn't going to be cheap.

Good luck with the recession mutherfuckers! Over price your product in a failing market - fucking genius. Why didn't anyone else think of that. :rolleyes:

I give it a few months novelty factor, before they're in serious bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Typical Northsider response

and here i was thinking this "Northside/Southside thing was something people used to talk about in the 80's :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

jonny68 wrote: »
    and here i was thinking this "Northside/Southside thing was something people used to talk about in the 80's :confused:

Sure as soon as the savages up there decide to stop committing crimes and integrate into society it'll all be over.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The Southsiders just can't let go though - they hated the fact that the celtic tiger meant money could be made on both sides of the Liffey and even Northsiders got to sample things like Lattes and other such exotic delights... all over now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jesus jonny, I was taking the p1ss. I was replying to some randomness about Northside v Southside nonsense.

I may be a Southsider but I'm certainly not from where you would consider affluent. Christ, when I was growing up I'd get beaten up for just using a word like affluent. "Posh baztard using big words, kill him!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dancelover

well I have to say the launch night was brilliant, think im still recovering!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You're third post? Subtle as a pork sale in a synogogue there Captain. Wright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Yeah idiotic fake plugging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Looks like another Fitzsimons.

Not a fan of them mega big "clubs" too squashed music is usually terrible same with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

6 months and PLanet Love will have their grubby hands on the place putting on the likes of lisa lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Lisa Lashes? No no no, they're much better judges of Dj talent than that. Thats why they had the mighty Peaches Geldof over for the opening. The fukwits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kusasi23

I was there Saturday night with a few of my friends and had a great night.. mix of old skool dance, RnB and chart music played some house music I hadnt heard in years... really took me back, drink bit more expensive than some clubs but the place was jammed so clearly no one minded, got a mini bus as soon as we left the place and dropped us all home for €10 so much better than hanging around for taxi's the beer garden is great too, all n all a great night and will defo go back :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Some friends of mine were there on Friday and Seb Fontaine did a banging techno set in the main club! Schweet! If they bring over any more big DJ's I'll definitely be going down to check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Zascar wrote: »
    Some friends of mine were there on Friday and Seb Fontaine did a banging techno set in the main club! Schweet! If they bring over any more big DJ's I'll definitely be going down to check it out!

Even though I swore I would never return to that place I decided to give it one more chance, what with a big name like Seb Fontaine playing and all...and I must say, this time round was a much more pleasurable experience.

The warmup DJ wasn't bad at all, managed to stay away from the cheese and kept a good house groove going. When Seb Fontain came on it was exciting, the man played a deadly set (aside from one dodgy trak - some remix of La Roux's "In for the Kill" :confused:). His set was far from just "Bangin Techno" all night though...there was a selection of genres thrown in there (with no complaints).

Either way, well done to the management for getting a decent name at the venue and keeping the music policy to what a super club of this caliber should be famous for, it made for a faaaaaaaaaaaaar better clubbing experience, well worth the 15 euro. I hope the new music policy is there to stay...

That said, after reading kusasi23 post, I'm glad I didn't go Saturday night or this post would have been far less kind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I was there last sunday (bank holiday) night.

Place is dripping with cheese and tack, music was desparate chart shite at its worst, shameless girls walking around handing out flyers for some "CSI" theme night coming up, podium dancers, basically everything you would expect from a cheesey tarted up Michael Wright operation.

There were plenty of girls of a certain age and occupation (think Peter Mark) wearing lots of orange makeup and bright clothes there, exactly the crowd they were hoping for I'd say.
    Youngsters who don't know any better and will rave about it to all their friends.
    The door policy didn't seem too tight to me for age or class, seemed like everybody's money is good there, once you wear the obligatory diamond studs in both ears for guys or something luminous or wildly patterned for girls you're in like flynn.

All in all if you're 18-23 and just like going out partying to mindless shite coming out of the speakers you'll love it.

If you're a bit older and a bit more learned in the ways of bars and clubs, you'll more than likely form the same opinion as me.

My 2c...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

JCDUB wrote: »
    All in all if you're 18-23 and just like going out partying to mindless shite coming out of the speakers you'll love it.
    Same applies to the majority of so called clubs in this city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

JCDUB wrote: »
    I was there last sunday (bank holiday) night.

Place is dripping with cheese and tack, music was desparate chart shite at its worst, shameless girls walking around handing out flyers for some "CSI" theme night coming up, podium dancers, basically everything you would expect from a cheesey tarted up Michael Wright operation.

There were plenty of girls of a certain age and occupation (think Peter Mark) wearing lots of orange makeup and bright clothes there, exactly the crowd they were hoping for I'd say.
    Youngsters who don't know any better and will rave about it to all their friends.
    The door policy didn't seem too tight to me for age or class, seemed like everybody's money is good there, once you wear the obligatory diamond studs in both ears for guys or something luminous or wildly patterned for girls you're in like flynn.

If you're a bit older and a bit more learned in the ways of bars and clubs, you'll more than likely form the same opinion as me.

My 2c...

Yeah, that was bang on with my first experience of the place (see my previous post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61096526&postcount=17).

...and judging by your, and a previous posters post, if I had gone Saturday or Sunday instead of Friday, my experience would have been as bad as the first.

However, credit where credit is due, Friday was a good night and I can only hope they keep it up.

acman wrote: »
    Even though I swore I would never return to that place I decided to give it one more chance, what with a big name like Seb Fontaine playing and all...and I must say, this time round was a much more pleasurable experience.

The warmup DJ wasn't bad at all, managed to stay away from the cheese and kept a good house groove going. When Seb Fontain came on it was exciting, the man played a deadly set (aside from one dodgy trak - some remix of La Roux's "In for the Kill" :confused:). His set was far from just "Bangin Techno" all night though...there was a selection of genres thrown in there (with no complaints).

Either way, well done to the management for getting a decent name at the venue and keeping the music policy to what a super club of this caliber should be famous for, it made for a faaaaaaaaaaaaar better clubbing experience, well worth the 15 euro. I hope the new music policy is there to stay...

That said, after reading kusasi23 post, I'm glad I didn't go Saturday night or this post would have been far less kind :D

Ye with all the moaning you seem to do I'm glad you didnt go as well, me and my friends go out to have a good time and enjoy ourselves not pick up on every single negative detail, which you seem to get a alot on this.... from the ever so narrow minded, nagative people. I wouldnt let a bit of bad music ruin my night, so ye best you stay at home on Saturday nights or maybe think about going somewhere else... :D

kusasi23 wrote: »
    Ye with all the moaning you seem to do I'm glad you didnt go as well, me and my friends go out to have a good time and enjoy ourselves not pick up on every single negative detail, which you seem to get a alot on this.... from the ever so narrow minded, nagative people. I wouldnt let a bit of bad music ruin my night, so ye best you stay at home on Saturday nights or maybe think about going somewhere else... :D

Hahaah if you think this is negative, you should go to EMI and see how those guys talk about it. Many people here are very passionate about proper dance music and really do not like chart/pop. When "Ireland's biggest Superclub" opens and plays radio music, most of us think its a shame - but now it seems they are bringing in bigger DJ's so hopefully things will change.

Zascar wrote: »
    Hahaah if you think this is negative, you should go to EMI and see how those guys talk about it. Many people here are very passionate about proper dance music and really do not like chart/pop. When "Ireland's biggest Superclub" opens and plays radio music, most of us think its a shame - but now it seems they are bringing in bigger DJ's so hopefully things will change.

ha ha ye prob best I don't but when a club is open 4 or 5 nights a week obviously they can't have a big DJ every night, they dont have them in Tri-pod every night its open and that's classed as a "superclub" as well. If you want the worldclass dj's in the clubs everynight prob best you head off to Ibiza for a week or 2, now that is dance music at its best but lets be honest this is Dublin not Ibiza and although there is a majority who love dance music and I am 1 of them but there isnt a demand for it, in the 1 club 4 or 5 nights a week.... variety is a spice of life after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dmainman

Seriously overrated spot. Its the same as the other crap on offer, just bigger. They don't let the guards in for nothing either :D Nice pint of Heineken in it, considering nightclub pints are usually horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

i've never been but the Venga Boys Christmas party sounds like a party not to be missed :rolleyes:

http://www.thewrightvenue.ie/2009/08/25/vengaboys-xmas-party/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

kusasi23 wrote: »
    ha ha ye prob best I don't but when a club is open 4 or 5 nights a week obviously they can't have a big DJ every night,

no but there is enough Irish talent out there

Advertisement