Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's newest and biggest Nightclub - Wright Venue - Swords

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

peatcass wrote: »
    went a few times when lived in swords, got sick of the place quickly.. where do you think is better? could do with a good night on the lash.
    I think the Twisted Pepper is better than The Wright Venue by a country mile.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Gotta wonder, why people go to nightclubs anymore?? When they play the same stuff you hear on the radio.
    That's a very very good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

How long before we're graced with dancelover's 5th post?

or has (s)he been a victim of the recession??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gotta wonder, why people go to nightclubs anymore??
    For the same reason they have always, and always will go.....Fanjita & Cock.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

And getting ****faced. This is Ireland after all.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    And getting ****faced. This is Ireland after all.
    True, but you can get ****faced at home. The only appeal of those meatmarket type places was the chance of copping off.

Exactly. People are just into notching up guy/girl after one another, like a belt really. Kinda sad??
    Belts aren't sad. Braces on the the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭/\ NIGHTFLIGHT

Gotta wonder, why people go to nightclubs anymore?? When they play the same stuff you hear on the radio.

Commercial clubs play commercial music, what were you expecting?dubstep and drum n bass?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Haven't been here yet, thinking of headin out there tonight but am under 21 and don't want a trip wasted. I've heard they're not strict on a friday, anyone confirm this or have anything to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

im a bouncer there and you certainly wont be getting in sunshine

• Advertisement

brianc27 wrote: »
    im a bouncer there and you certainly wont be getting in sunshine

Is that right yeah? What's the need to be a prick about it anyway? Explains a lot if you are telling the truth and do work as a bouncer I suppose, but I was under the impression you were a dj (and a fairly good one at that). Door work on the side is it?

Just back from a great night at The Wright Venue, ****heads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

minty16 wrote: »
    Just back from a great night at The Wright Venue, ****heads. :)

Bouncer: 0
    Kid who gets home after a night out and posts on Boards immediately: 1

I'd go at the end of the month to see Laidback Luke but it's a lot of effort to get out there. Anywhere similar in Dublin city centre?

Not really. I've been pretty much everywhere, TIME in Naas is the closest I've seen to it. It's a very good spot (twv), was impressed with everything out there, smoking area is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

went to see roger sanchez in venue, biggest load of sh1te ever, he played the broom song ffs

and the venue on a normal day is bad enough, but when all the "ravers" show up its shockingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Went out with some DJs from Boston last night who played Wright Venue a few nights ago, said they were forced to play commercial **** like David Guetta etc. I feel bad for Laidback Luke having to play there, he's gonna have to play a really mainstream set to please the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

so his set wont differ much to what he usually plays then.

anyway why didnt your dj friends from boston not just politely tell them to fvck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

brianc27 wrote: »
    so his set wont differ much to what he usually plays then.

anyway why didnt your dj friends from boston not just politely tell them to fvck off.

True.

I don't mean the venue told them to, I mean the only thing the crowd reacted to was David Guetta etc, so they had to go that direction.

I was not there but friends of mine saw Seb Fontaine in Wrights and he played Techno all night..

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

i was there on saturday. overrated and very overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 phibra

im very sure, if they get proper djs like : dj said n dj nass-r
    or dj abdel or dj cutkiller some of the french best djs or some djs from gunit they would be succsess but not with this crap 0815 commercial **** music xD

they should get paul kalkbrenner to there or david guetta and improve the music ibiza style and some nice rnb bangaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mark3Sixty

Hi All

just wondering if anyone has ever used the wright venue bus?

I am always a little bit sceptical of using busses organized by nightclubs...do they turn up, will i be standing around in the cold, will i be sitting behind some head banger!

let me know coz i am dying to see the club but it is too far to get a cab:D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

phibra wrote: »
    im very sure, if they get proper djs like : dj said n dj nass-r
    or dj abdel or dj cutkiller some of the french best djs or some djs from gunit they would be succsess but not with this crap 0815 commercial **** music xD

they should get paul kalkbrenner to there or david guetta and improve the music ibiza style and some nice rnb bangaz

My head hurts trying to work out what your on about, what is 0815 commercial music and surely David Guetta falls into the commercial ****e bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mark3Sixty

hey man, yeah that was a confusing review posted up there about 0815 music....have you ever got the bus out to WV, i am trying to find out what its like....dont fancy sitting on a **** heap that will breakdown and end up with me and a bunch of people puking at the side of the road.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ayup

What happened last night ?

Was the bomb drugs related
    I presume it was
    scary ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

bloke murdered there last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    bloke murdered there last night

It didn't happen in or anywhere near the club.

It happened in town

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1212/breaking30.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Bouncer said hed keep an eye on me because im from the southside!

**** right off and keep your **** club! Couldnt wait to get back over the liffey!

Northsiders really are muppets :rolleyes: Tripod anyday please..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

maxxie wrote: »

Doubt that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

maxxie wrote: »
    Seems fairly obvious he was buzzing. Are you not familiar with the concept in your neck of the woods?

Advertisement