Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's newest and biggest Nightclub - Wright Venue - Swords

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Doubt that happened.

No it did, was shocked!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

maxxie wrote: »
    Bouncer said hed keep an eye on me because im from the southside!

**** right off and keep your **** club! Couldnt wait to get back over the liffey!

Northsiders really are muppets :rolleyes: Tripod anyday please..

I'd say you look the type that people want to kick the sh1t out of, especially if you come out with stupid sweeping statements like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mark3Sixty

i was there for the 98fm xmas snow ball and it was great...free entry, couple of free cocktails and live music and dj....paige from the x factor sang a few songs....i thot the lads on the door were sound!:)

I'd say you look the type that people want to kick the sh1t out of, especially if you come out with stupid sweeping statements like that.

They could try.. Its a generalisation ill admit but generally its true!

Muppets could be an understatement!

They could try.. Its a generalisation ill admit but generally its true!

Muppets could be an understatement!

Nah its plain stupid to make such statements, and one that I wouldn't even bother debating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Bouncer said hed keep an eye on me because im from the southside!

**** right off and keep your **** club! Couldnt wait to get back over the liffey!

Northsiders really are muppets :rolleyes: Tripod anyday please..

What's to say the bouncer wasn't from South Dublin?

With that attitude I can tell why they didn't let you in, you're obviously stuck up and a believer in this southside is rich / northside is impoverished bollix. Wouldn't be surprised if he said that in terms of helping you, because you sound like the type of guy who could easily wind up some knacker.

RMD wrote: »
    What's to say the bouncer wasn't from South Dublin?

With that attitude I can tell why they didn't let you in, you're obviously stuck up and a believer in this southside is rich / northside is impoverished bollix. Wouldn't be surprised if he said that in terms of helping you, because you sound like the type of guy who could easily wind up some knacker.

I did get in and I am from Tallaght so not really posh but dont go on like a fool, im just a normal guy!
    I might have the personal belief that northsiders are generally dickheads but in no way did I come across that way to the bouncer or anyone around me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

I did get in and I am from Tallaght so not really posh but dont go on like a fool, im just a normal guy!
    I might have the personal belief that northsiders are generally dickheads but in no way did I come across that way to the bouncer or anyone around me!

zzzzzzzzz........

triple-M wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzz........

why do pigeons fly upside down over blanch?

because its not worth ****ting on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah your really setting an example there, you really seem like a nice guy. Do you really believe a stretch of water causes that big of a cultural divide and if you do id like some proof not just some general statement that a child would make.

Oh and what makes you think there are no northsiders in Tripod?

• Advertisement

Yeah your really setting an example there, you really seem like a nice guy. Do you really believe a stretch of water causes that big of a cultural divide and if you do id like some proof not just some general statement that a child would make.

Oh and what makes you think there are no northsiders in Tripod?

Im sure there are, everywhere has its flaws but at least the door men wont come out with such ridiculous statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Iat least the door men wont come out with such ridiculous statements.

Irony is amazing.

Irony is amazing.

Was waiting for that, good man! Whos the one being paid as the first point of contact at the wright venue!
    Not me electrogrimp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

You are a pleasant young man.

You are a pleasant young man.

Indeed, an unfortunate product of the celtic tiger.

Indeed, an unfortunate product of the celtic tiger.

ha dont patronise me :pac:

pretentious little bunch

pretentious little bunch

How is calling you out for being deluded and making stupid statements a pretense? Do you know what pretentious means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

How is calling you out for being deluded and making stupid statements a pretense? Do you know what pretentious means?

Here lay off maxxie. He's had it tough. He's a tallafornian. I've never met one before but I hear that they're dirty and uneducated oafs. The poor fellow never had a chance...

From many of the previous posts made by you guys, I am judging you as pretentious!

Havent a clue what it means mate, would you like to jump up onto your horse and give me a definition :)

Here lay off maxxie. He's had it tough. He's a tallafornian. I've never met one before but I hear that they're dirty and uneducated oafs. The poor fellow never had a chance...

:eek: I may be dirty, I may be uneducated, but I am no OAF

:pac:

• Advertisement

pretentious little bunch

Patronise you? Tolerate you is closer to the mark and now you are just annoying me... so in a rare move on my part around here, I'd like to introduce you to the ban button.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Patronise you? Tolerate you is closer to the mark and now you are just annoying me... so in a rare move on my part around here, I'd like to introduce you to the ban button.

And the former message receives nothing :confused:

Penisland wrote: »

A read through the thread will show clearly why I made that decision. If you've an issue with it take it to one of the Cmods.

Penisland wrote: »

S'called a joke.

S'called a joke.

It is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Seriously man. That's the kind of ****e I was talking about. Tallaght is just as bad as Blanch and then there's the likes of Crumlin and Driminagh which is the home of Irish organised crime. Combined with Dolphins barn, Clondalkin and Ballyfermot you've your fair share of **** areas. So I wouldn't be going on with that posh poncy "I'om a southsider roysh, we're so much bottoer than the northside" crap considering you live in one the worst areas on the southside. No offense to anyone from these areas, just pointing out idiotic irony in his posts.

Edit: Just saw he was banned, never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Dragging up an old thread sorry.

Whats the deal with this place??? Do you still have to dress like a celeb to get in... :rolleyes:

I do make an effort when going out but i do not do shoes, never have and never will.

Is there any hope getting in to this club without shoes on???

Cheers for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Do only celebs wear shoes? What's your idea of dressed up, a flecky tash and a shiny tracksuit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Dragging up an old thread sorry.

Whats the deal with this place??? Do you still have to dress like a celeb to get in... :rolleyes:

I do make an effort when going out but i do not do shoes, never have and never will.

Cheers for any info
    I got in wearing a pair of fairly mucky runners and a ****ty hat covering a bad haircut.

Clubs cannot afford to maintain delusions of eloquence these days, particularly ones with overheads as high as the Wright Venue.

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Do your feet not get hurt when other people stand on them? And what about broken glass?!?! Going into a nightclub without shoes on is madness!

Advertisement