Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Ranting & Raving for Ranting

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

This is a suggested thread following a PM with Javaboy.

Im afraid I cannot post links to the thread in question but it is "currently" called "Some Women Shopping".

It was originally called Women Shopping and was changed by a MOD(without giving a reason), changed back by myself(OP) and recently changed again by a MOD.

A poster requested to know why I called it "Some Women Shopping" and not "Women Shopping" as it would be a better description and I replied by saying some ***** of a mod changed it for possible personal reasons which is in itself a breach of the charter by attempting to counter my own Rant.

I have now been banned for 7 days for "ABUSE".

It was not abuse. It was a rant. I was ranting about the decision to change my thread. Changing my thread from women shopping to some women shopping completely changed the original point and opinion I have/had.

Trying to change a rant or attempting to steer the rant off course is a breach of the forum charter. So by changing my title of the thread the charter itself has been breached.

There is currently an active thread about travellers which is against the charter but mine is singled out for censorship.

What do I want? I want the ban lifted as I feel it was given without sufficient reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

"Some ***** of a mod" is the abuse you were banned for.

Ban stands.

The ranting & raving forum states that anger is not an excuse for ignorance. It is ignorant to lump 52% of the planet's population in the same class by referring to all women. Hence your thread title was edited to read 'some women'.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

"Some ***** of a mod" is the abuse you were banned for.

Ban stands.

IT WAS A RANT. :rolleyes: The forum is a rant, the thread is a rant and Im a ranter.
    The ranting & raving forum states that anger is not an excuse for ignorance. It is ignorant to lump 52% of the planet's population in the same class by referring to all women. Hence your thread title was edited to read 'some women'.

IT WAS A RANT! :rolleyes:

It was changed by a NON Ranting Raving Mod I might add. Now there are mods running freely around the forum changing threads because they find it sexist. Clearly the moderator who changed it was unsure of the rules of the forum regarding ranting. If you disagree with the rant then do not post NOT change the title to suit yourself.

The thread WAS sexit. That was the whole point. I was ranting about women shopping.

Women is still a plural for more than one not a definition of 100% or 52%.

The ban was nothing to do with the context of the thread itself or the opening post. It was down to perceived abuse of a mod.

IT WAS A RANT :rolleyes:

"Some ****** of a mod" isn't a rant. It's abuse.

And the only people who can edit your thread title are the forum mod, the category moderator or the admins, so your allegation that mods are running freely around the forum changing threads is just inaccurate.

While I'm at it, dr.bollocko edited your thread title. dr.bollocko is a mod of ranting & raving.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

While I'm at it, dr.bollocko edited your thread title. dr.bollocko is a mod of ranting & raving.

I received a private message from a moderator telling me the title was changed. I can only go on the information provided to me as I am unaware of the powers of a Mod, CMod or Admins.

Lets all go about our business so. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement