Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale is owned by the EA

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

A house I could be interested in buying is owned by the EA. I'm not sure if it's his main home. I would guess not.

Would my approach be any different in a situation like this? I would be funny if he threw the usual "sorry, seller says your offer is far to low". Be interesting to see what he would sell for!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Is the EA acting as agent in the sale of his own house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Well at least he can't say "I'll have to check with the owner" when you low ball offer him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Jo King wrote: »
    Is the EA acting as agent in the sale of his own house?
    Yes, that's what I've been told by a local resident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Wouldnt be in Santry area or would it? I know an EA who is selling his home.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its just like buying any other house. Given the profession of the seller- I'd investigate any of the details volunteered (sorry- I don't trust estate agents and their embelishments, as far as I can throw them).

As with any house purchase- its probably going to be the biggest financial decision of your life. Do your homework, ask any questions you have- and make sure you are satisfied that it is as represented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i'd approach it the same way it makes no difference what his occupation is.

it might play into your advantage as he might be a half decent one and know how to sell a house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

joeperry wrote: »
    Wouldnt be in Santry area or would it? I know an EA who is selling his home.
    No, it's outside of Dublin.

Advertisement