Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition Eircom to provide a usable broadband service

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Go to http://twitition.com/8g935 and sign the Petition

We the undersigned petition Eircom to provide a usable broadband service

(1) Eircom should inform customers of outages (2) Eircom should inform customers of scheduled maintenances (3) Eircom should perform broadband maintenance between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM (4) Eircom should consider using OpenDNS (5) Eircom should consider outsourcing its Customer Support Centre to someone who cares

Go to http://twitition.com/8g935 and sign the Petition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

This is daft.

The only SIGNIFICANT problems with eircom are:
    1) The line rental is x3 what it should be.
    2) Getting the service at all due to bad copper, only 66% of premises having line because of high line rental.

A petition to reduce line rental, get rid of pair gains, add reach repeaters, upgrade all basic aDSL to ADSL2+ and/or VDSL and offer also annex B DSL makes more sense.

TBH I'm not that fussed about LLU as I think "extra services" & "competition" theory of LLU is 10 years out of date. The only services that make sense are Internet (Broadband DSL) + POTS(or ISDN).

Point (4) on petition is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Just because i like playing devils advocate

(1) Eircom should inform customers of outages
    How do you Suggest they call you if thiers an unexpected outage?

(4) Eircom should consider using OpenDNS
    This is a bad idea as it means they have no control over their own DNS records, meaning it'll be very difficult for anyone on a Leased Line, or any static IP to Get A Records, PTR records and a whole host of other DNS stuff, also if you know enough about computers to know what open DNS is and want to use it you'll know enough to change your own DNS servers on your router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tooley

watty wrote: »
    This is daft.

What is draft is sitting back and doing nothing about Eircom. I'm sure your separate list of issues also have relevance. Nevertheless, I am sick of the mentality of sitting back, accepting it and doing nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

tooley wrote: »
    What is draft is sitting back and doing nothing about Eircom. I'm sure your separate list of issues also have relevance. Nevertheless, I am sick of the mentality of sitting back, accepting it and doing nothing about it.

Petitions are daft, online petitions are worse.

Vote with your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

^^^ What he said. An online petition will make eircom roll their eyes and laugh, if they even notice. They certainly won't care. Ring up, tell them their service is useless, and cancel. Everything else is a waste of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement