Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are people praying in Eyre Square???

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

On Monday eve as I was walking down through Eyre Square, noticed a small white and red tent quiet close to the fountain. There seemed to be people kneeling down and praying. Then again, yesterday evening the same thing except it looked like alot more people. Does anyone know what was going on? As far as I could see, they were all facing the tent but there did seem to be anything in there :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Haven't you heard?!

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Sure Galway are playin Monday nxt weekend-theyr tryin buddha aswell i hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pre-interweb days, folk actually use to go up the persons concerned and enquire as to the nature of the event.
    Now they just note it, and get on the web as soon as possible to ask people who may not know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Emmi

snubbleste wrote: »
    Pre-interweb days, folk actually use to go up the persons concerned and enquire as to the nature of the event.
    Now they just note it, and get on the web as soon as possible to ask people who may not know..
    Was rushing to catch bus home both days hence did not have chance to check it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Haven't you heard?!

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!!!
    They must be thanking god.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Emmi wrote: »
    As far as I could see, they were all facing the tent but there did seem to be anything in there :confused:

All hail The Tent !!!! True Prophet of the flying spaghetti monster...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

This is the Galway papal prayer society. I am the leader and we have praying sessions twice a week at various location around the city center. You are correct that we were praying to a tent last week. Next week, it's a big sausage. If you would like to join us or find out some more info, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I am the leader and we have praying sessions twice a week at various location around the city center.

Nananananananana Leader! Nananananananana Leader!

Leader! Leader! Leader!

Batman!

I mean, Leader!

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Nananananananana Leader! Nananananananana Leader!

Leader! Leader! Leader!

Batman!

I mean, Leader!

I'll pray for you.

Goddamn Batman freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Next week, it's a big sausage.

Just how big is this big sausage?

and when is next week?

• Advertisement

masonman wrote: »
    Just how big is this big sausage?

and when is next week?

7 foot tall. We call it the sausage from the south. Are you coming down to join us brother?

7 foot tall. We call it the sausage from the south. Are you coming down to join us brother?

Thats Pretty big alright ( says dejected)

When is next week?

it always comes back to Homer

A seven foot sausage? Jesus, that must've come from some pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's part of this www.creideamh.ie I'd say. A hip happenin' "festival of faith"!Just got a leaflet in the door about it now.

chilly wrote: »
    It's part of this www.creideamh.ie I'd say. A hip happenin' "festival of faith"!Just got a leaflet in the door about it now.

Too Hip for DNS it seems

Actually, it's a vegetable sausage. We're all Vegans. If anyone would like to join us, our next session is 2pm Saturday afternoon at Dunnes stores carpark. Refreshments provided afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Actually, it's a vegetable sausage. We're all Vegans.
    That guy from street fighter 2 that wore the mask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

mmm " Leader, Vegans , Sausage coming from the south"
    Batman... papal prayers
    interesting to say the least, good luck with your 7ft sausage
    (king dong enters galway from the south?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

We call it the sausage from the south.

Is that prison lingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Emmi wrote: »
    On Monday eve as I was walking down through Eyre Square, noticed a small white and red tent quiet close to the fountain. There seemed to be people kneeling down and praying. Then again, yesterday evening the same thing except it looked like alot more people. Does anyone know what was going on? As far as I could see, they were all facing the tent but there did seem to be anything in there :confused:

They were praying for a similar jobs announcement for Galway, like the recent one in Belmullet!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055613986

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

People praying in a tent and guards looking around hedges...Exciting times in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

masonman wrote: »
    Too Hip for DNS it seems

Spelling, schmelling. Try http://www.creideamh.org/

There's a write-up here too: http://clericalwhispers.blogspot.com/2009/06/galway-gears-up-for-faith-festival.html But the parishes involved are really Ballybane, Renmore, Ballinfoyle and the Abbey. (it says "Ballybay, Litirmoir and Ballinfoyle" in that page ... WTF .. unless Litirmoir is Irish for Renmore?)

There was exposition (consecrated host sitting in a display thingie for people to "adore") when I came thru the Square just before six. Didn't look like a hip crowd to me, mainly older people and tourists, some kneeling on the concrete (ouch). There's a rumour that they want to do a healing service there sometime too.

It just seemed kinda wrong, especially with the Film Festival screen blaring beside them, I wonder why they picked this week.

But if anyone wants to join in and pray that I get a job, go right ahead ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I've been to some of the events, hugely powerful, they're expecting some crowd on Fri, will be mostly young people at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

:p

Advertisement