Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo MIMO router questions

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Sorry for the noob questions but Im trying to set up a wireless network at home and Ive run into problems that I cant find specific answers to on the web.

Got the basic Eircom Motorola router which installed fine. The house is quite long so there's no/little signal at one end of it.

I wanted to extend the range, so I got one of these:

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1280142#spec

When I plug it in, there's a signal but no internet. I suspect this is because Ive only realised that it doesnt actually contain a modem.

What can I do to fix this? Can it be connected to the Eircom router to take advantage of its modem?

Alternatively, the Buffalo router can be switched to work as a bridge - does this mean I could connect it to the computer at the other end of the house so as to enhance the signal it receives from the Eircom router?

Thanks,

Advertisement