Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Jackson - Still Alive?

• 08-07-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Well he could well have staged it all, a la Elvis. To get away from it all and have people appreciate him again.

<mod - snipped link - would actually be interested in a discussion on this, if we can>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The motive is certainly there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd say its well possible. I'm sure he has the means to make it happen but there would need to be a few people involved and the legal ramifications with regards to his kids etc.

As a fellow attention whore I can understand why he might do it but would it really be worth it if you couldnt eventually jump out from behind a curtain and shout .... "ITS ME!!" .... ? ... I dont think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

fuuuuh-uuuhhhh-uuuuhhh-uuuuhhhh-ny

Ok I'd like to see if we could actually have a discussion on this. Couple of points though:

• This is theoretical - if you believe it to be true then state so and say why.
    • No taking the piss, pedo jokes etc.
    • No retarded links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Doubt this is true, i really don't think he could disappear... what is he gonna live in a cave like osama? Because his face was too bad and plastic surgery he would get to not be recognized he still would be anywhere on this earth, Also his family would have to be in on it and all these insurance groups that are paying out over his death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He'd have a hard job staying alive without his brain, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

6th wrote: »
    • No retarded links.

:(

I really half expected him to hop out of the coffin or something last night during the show. I guess he would never have shaken off the whole paedo/wierdo thing until he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Read that in the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/2009/07/05/michael-jackson-to-be-buried-without-his-brain-115875-21495043/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

He is still alive! Himself, Elvis and Hitler have been spotted together in a restaurant in Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I take this idea just as seriously as the one about Elvis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If he was going to fake his death, he would have done it a few years ago when he was on trial. Faking his death now would serve absolutely no purpose.

And as has been said, where's he going to hide? He'd be easier to spot in a crowd than Wally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

personally, I doubt he's alive.

Of course, it's always possible, but watching the memorial service yesterday and watching all the famous people cry. . . . i just don't believe it's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Strangely enough, it was the first idea i had when i heard what had happened to him.

Like it would make sense, to a certain degree.

For one, his father in law was Elvis, IF Elvis was/is still alive and he had some contact with him, then its plausible.

Another is that lets say his doctor was telling him that he couldnt do the whole 50 shows, that his body wouldnt allow it.
    So the billionaires that put their money into the shows dont want to lose it, because if MJ was to do say, 5 shows, then he would be breaking contract, thus leading him into debt.

So if there was a way to 100% say that the shows would NOT be going ahead, ie Death, then the billionaires that initially invested into the concerts will get their money back as a way of insurance.

Also, the surge of music sales of MJ albums, and the royalties for all the music vids and radio plays weve heard over the last few weeks(which i have loved btw :)) would be pretty dam substantial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Faking your death requires one of two avenues:

1. Everyone close to you is in on it
    2. Nobody else is in on it

When you're an unknown or if you're completely off the map, scenario 1 isn't that difficult as there are relatively few people you need to convince to do this. By and large this tends to be executed by couples where one spouse "disappears", the other claims any insurance money and then moves to a foreign country where they both live out their lives.

When you're famous, scenario 1 is next to impossible to pull off because the more people who need to be aware, the greater the chance of something going wrong. If you have 20 people aware of your scam, chances are that one of them will mess up or blab. If you have only 2 other people in on your scam, you're less likely to have a traitor. Increase that to the 100 or so that MJ would need to maintain his (doctors, nurses, EMTs, family, lawyers, assistants, etc etc), then you will find that the odds of it going off without a hitch and never being discovered are nigh on impossible.

Which means that famous people need to do it themselves. This requires massive amounts of cunning and planning. And in the case of MJ, it requires a body. Both of which are things which are hard to get a hold of and to execute correctly.

So the only two possibilities are that:

1. Hundreds of people have been paid off to keep schtum about MJ's death. Unlikely as no amount of money will prevent at least one person from saying something - the talk show fees alone would be enormous for the blabber.

2. MJ arranged for an identical body to be present in his home and he promptly disappeared.

Scenario 2 also logically extrapolates that once "disappeared" he has no access to money or his family and never will again. So it's a rather large step to take.

In conclusion: He's dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Anyone here ever successfully faked their death? Or even failed and how were you caught?
    As a fellow attention whore I can understand why he might do it but would it really be worth it if you couldnt eventually jump out from behind a curtain and shout .... "ITS ME!!" .... ? ... I dont think so.
    Maybe... If you get sick of the attention, the debts he had, etc. He might want to disappear and lead a normal life, but can he have any more plastic surgery? It seems without it he'd be instantly recognisable in any part of the world, not to mention his distinctive voice... He might have to have a sex-change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If Michael Jackson were still alive I guess he would be scratching the lid on his coffin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ihatewallies

<snipped by mod>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I dunno, the question of his physical fitness to perform 50 concerts raises some interestin points.

It is possible that some investors realised he wasnt going to be able to pull it off, or worse still he might just have been absolutley rubbish, a pastiche of his former self, old and slow.

I'm kinda reminded of that movie 'the producers' had jacksons show been a failure Jacko may well have profited from it, at the expense of his investors.

better to deal with him now before hand and claim the insurance monies than watch it all go down the tubes, bear in mind that had his last few shows been rubbish the Media circus would be very different and royalties would probably be a lot less.

did Jacko organise/fake his death? probably not

did someone else have a hand in it? well we'll just have to wait and see on that front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

did someone else have a hand in it? well we'll just have to wait and see on that front

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Just like it wouldn't surprise me that efforts were made to blacken his name in the past. The guy had the potential to change the world, with the global nature of his audience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

there's a lot of conspiracy which revolves around his death.

He was born in 1958 - 19 + 58 = 77

He was the 7th born in the family.

His name 'Michael Jackson' consists of 7 letters each.

He signed his will on the 7th of July - the 7th month.

And loads of other conspiracies like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

...how is that a conspiracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If Michael Jackson were still alive I guess he would be scratching the lid on his coffin. :D

Or not if he's cryogenically frozen. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Larkin501 wrote: »
    He was the 7th born in the family.
    No, he wasn't.

He was the 8th born, but the 7th to survive birth....not that numerical coincidences would constitute a conspiracy either which way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

If Jackson was to fake his death he'd need to go with scenario 2 in seamus' post for the reasons he explained. But finding a body just like his would be next to impossible. And faking a fire for instance to obscure the face doesn't work these days. Dental records and other forensics would catch him out. The days when a French doctor can quickly sign a death cert and disappear without too many questions being asked (Jim Morrison's death) are long over.

The only feasible way I can see for him to fake his death is with a plane crash/lost at sea type accident where it's plausible that no body is found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Apparently there have been 2 sightings of him, one in Vegas, one in New Zealand. Personally, i'm a huge fan and I could see him doing it, but even at the remotest pats of the world people have mobiles with cameras on them, he neer ever would get away with it. It's simply impossible for all the reasons you lads have already stated, mainly that a lot of people would need to be in on it, and that it would eventually leak as a result of this. But he's dead. If his kids suddenly 'disappear' well possibly but I do believe he's dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Apparently there have been 2 sightings of him, one in Vegas, one in New Zealand.

Sightings already!
    I'd have thought he'd lay low for a bit.

What I want to know is how does Shergar fit into all of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CYCC

WindSock wrote: »
    Well he could well have staged it all, a la Elvis. To get away from it all and have people appreciate him again.

<mod - snipped link - would actually be interested in a discussion on this, if we can>

Don't be ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The most famous man in the world is dead. I'm sure if it was the bass guitarist for the Corona's it could be possible but not MJ

The most famous man in the world is dead.

Barack Obama is dead?:eek:

Lads, read post #4 and then ask yourselves .... "do I want an infraction today?".

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

i dont even believe he was human..from another planet, or he was something so dam ****in unreal that it would be near impossible to explain. something like an abstract that our unknown or unweirry creators/above-lookers made for us for reasons i may never know of, untill i reach the end of my life

and if thats the case..it may be easier then a peice of cake to simply replace him into another body.

'thank you' to the creators/overlookers of earth sais michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

hexagramer wrote: »
    .it may be easier then a peice of cake to simply replace him into another body..

It is easier than a piece of cake , its in the secret underground lectures of commander x :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8420071240361070544

In the second part .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Undergod wrote: »
    ...how is that a conspiracy?

the numbers are a conspiracy to decieve us.
    in that it means nothing.

he is still alive.
    he has moved into madam tussauds.
    the m.j. seen with the breathing aparatus attached was the wax dummy he replaced in the museum.
    he comes out at night after the museum has closed, and wears a blanket.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

hexagramer wrote: »
    i dont even believe he was human..from another planet, or he was something so dam ****in unreal that it would be near impossible to explain. something like an abstract that our unknown or unweirry creators/above-lookers made for us for reasons i may never know of, untill i reach the end of my life

and if thats the case..it may be easier then a peice of cake to simply replace him into another body.

'thank you' to the creators/overlookers of earth sais michael.

espinolman wrote: »
    It is easier than a piece of cake , its in the secret underground lectures of commander x :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8420071240361070544

In the second part .

You don't really believe that, do you? It's all completely unfounded.

Advertisement