Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alfa Romeo GT

• 08-07-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

What do you guys think of this car? I'm hoping to upgrade my car in next few months.

Im looking at a number of second hands- 2005/2006 model. Either 1.9 diesel or the 1.8 petrol, preferably the sportivo model.

Any feedback about this car would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Diesel wins hands down out of the 2 choices you've posted up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The JTD is one of those cars that i will own one day. Just can't bloody afford it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The JTD is one of those cars that i will own one day. Just can't bloody afford it now!

+1

PS If you buy one then I hate you :eek::D

When you get one post some pics ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

+2
    great car cracking drive...
    reliablity has improved and likwise, I will hate you as well if you get one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Have a 156 JTDM and I'm going to buy the JTDM GT (someday :o) What an engine!!!

Actually mine's a 05 too, go for it, you'll love it.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

robtri wrote: »
    +2
    great car cracking drive...
    reliablity has improved and likwise, I will hate you as well if you get one :)

Don't worry lads, i'll be waiting for a while!:o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ascend

Cheers for all the feedback guys....Its a pretty sweet looking car isn't it?

Have never actually drove one though. But have drove the 2.0 petrol 156 (theres some welly in that when you put the foot down!!!) and my dads 159 (2006, 1.9 Jtdm).

A few of my mates are saying that Alfas are sh1te and why I don't buy a Beamer or an Audi...My personal view is that those cars are overvalued and everyone on the road seems to have one.

Has anyone enquired about getting an autodelta bodykit for the GT? The super evo kit looks pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

No bodykits IMO. They look so good as they are. You'll just end up with a twat 3 series wannabe and the Alfa equivelant of M badges. Original is best

2410045540_de0ed21b00.jpg

See how things can go wrong :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Same as that, everyone was telling me to buy an A4 (BORING) or Passat (even worse), always wanted an Alfa and have to say I love it, no problems at all and have to admit I think it's beautiful :o

Some links that might help

Owners

Workshop

Either way I'll try to blag a spin at some stage :D

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Saab Ed wrote: »
    No bodykits IMO. They look so good as they are. You'll just end up with a twat 3 series wannabe and the Alfa equivelant of M badges. Original is best

2410045540_de0ed21b00.jpg

See how things can go wrong :D:D

I must be a chav... ditch the wheels and spoiler and I like that colour!
    i744770_gt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Everyone wants an Alfa GT these days...what's all the fuss about lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Everyone wants an Alfa GT these days...what's all the fuss about lads?

Ahem Lex here is selling his GT that I want badly and cant afford.

(looky at the link in his sig :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ascend

Lex, that is an absolutely gorgeous car you have there. Love the Monza spec, the interior looks unreal.

Pity your asking price is a bit outside my price range. How come your selling it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ascend wrote: »
    Lex, that is an absolutely gorgeous car you have there. Love the Monza spec, the interior looks unreal.

Pity your asking price is a bit outside my price range. How come your selling it?

need something with 4 doors with kids and work.

Thats my asking price, nobody has made me an offer yet. I'm still holding out on the trade in for the time being.

Advertisement