Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC & Dyndns

• 08-07-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just switched to UPC yesterday and am having a little trouble with my Cisco EPC2425 router/modem and Dyndns. Basically despite using the correct credentials it is telling me either my username or password are incorrect and returning badauth as an error.

Has anyone else got this working and if so, can they send me the relevant part of their config file?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

After a lot of experimentation I finally found that the router required a reboot to accept the settings and successfully log in.

Seems to be working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nullset

Hi Bluefrog, thanks for this, had the same dynDNS problems myself, this cisco epc2425 is a bit of a pig, seems to need rebooting for every change...reminds me of the microsoft joke, "You have moved your mouse, please restart your computer for the changes to take effect"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stelydave

Hi - I have also set up my Cisco router with dyndns but regularly after a few days i am unable to access PC remotely & the router needs to be reset to update dyndns settings (presumably with IP changes). This is a big pain as it cant be done remotely - anyone else have this problem & a solution? Thanks

Advertisement