Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canvas Print Help

• 08-07-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    I need some help sizing an image to be printed onto canvas.
    It's for my brother, its a pic of his child being christened, I got a once in a lifetime shot of the drops of holy water falling onto the babys head.
    Anyway he wants it to be printed on a canvas but the place he brought it to told him he'd lose half an inch of the image as they wrap the image around the sides of the canvas. It would actually remove some of the babys head so I wanna fix it by putting a black background around it.
    Therein lies my problem:
    The Image is 1685 x 1267
    The canvas is 20" x 16" but adding the wrap around it'll be either 21" x 17" or 20.5" x 16.5
    I was just gonna create a black background in Photoshop with the correct dimensions and paste the image on a layer in front of it....
    Question is, what size do I make the black background to ensure none of the image os lost on the wrap around.
    Any help here would be great guys

Cheers

HB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Steve (stcstc) can help you, drop him a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i just sent you a pm

but most places use standard size frames, but i can also have them made to any size, so its easy to get round issues like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

stcstc wrote: »
    i just sent you a pm

but most places use standard size frames, but i can also have them made to any size, so its easy to get round issues like this

But the question is (I think);
    Question is, what size do I make the black background to ensure none of the image os lost on the wrap around.

OP - Am i missing something in your post or you indicated that a half inch would be lost thus setting your photoshop to measure inches rather than pixels would have you well on your way to being sorted? (Obviously I may be missing something?)

The other thing that may be a cause for concern is the pixel size of your image and growing your image to that print size - granted you may get away with murder (eek - bad description) with it being canvas but it looks like you may be stretching it a bit too much. I may be wrong here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

in terms of enlargement we are close to the edge with these sizes, BUT it does depend on the image, if the image is quite clean etc it will be fine

if the image is a little soft, it wont work at that size

as for the aspect ratio of the image is such that its 20*15 so i think what the place was meaning is that you would have to crop the 20 to make the 16 etc

Advertisement