Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Stats

Options
  • 08-07-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

My parents have eircoms 3M broadband. Eircom are trying to sell them a bundle with 7M broadband. Can these stats handle 7M?

Downstream\Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 3072 384
    SN Margin (dB) 10.00 7.50
    Line Attenuation (dB) 46.50 27.00
    CRC Errors 208 0

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    My parents have eircoms 3M broadband. Eircom are trying to sell them a bundle with 7M broadband. Can these stats handle 7M?

Downstream\Upstream
    CRC Errors 208 0

Not the full 7.6 meg, about 6 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Spear wrote: »
    Not the full 7.6 meg, about 6 or so.
    Not even 6MB, possibly 4MB but your getting enough CRC errors as it is with 3MB - I suggest staying where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

EvilMonkey wrote: »

Downstream\Upstream
    CRC Errors 208 0
    Know nothing about that but can you tell me how i get these stats for my line?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Not even 6MB, possibly 4MB but your getting enough CRC errors as it is with 3MB - I suggest staying where you are.
    Pretty much what i suspected. I will tell them to leave it so!
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Know nothing about that but can you tell me how i get these stats for my line?:confused:

If your on eircom type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of your browser to get to the router.
    Along the side click on the Expert mode link, you get a warning click yes enter expert mode.
    Along the side again click on statistics then on dsl.

This works for me might be slightly different on other routers

Advertisement