Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D16 909, 303, 808 emulators now in AU format

Options
  • 08-07-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

The Logic users amongst you (me included) might be interested to hear that the D16 guys have released their 808, 909 and 303 emulators in AU format: http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=2

Personally I think their 303 emulator, Phoscyon, is pretty close to the real thing. Not 100% close but maybe 70% close, if I had to chose a number (which is silly really as you can't quantify these things). When played beside a real 303 you can hear the difference but it's still decent.

I don't currently own a 909, but a friend who has owned a few says their 909 emulator, Drumazon, is very close to the real thing. We both agree that their 808 emulator is the weakest of the three though, there's something about the 808 that makes it harder to emulate. The real 909s hi-hats and cymbals are samples anyway, so technically they can be almost perfectly replicated.

Anyway there are working demo versions available from their site, so you can check them out yourself. PS, I don't work for them, I just think they've done a half decent job emulating some classic machines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

try the audio realism one.not sure hiow it compares but it is nice

Advertisement