Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom FWA Broadband, you must have a phone line!

Options
  • 08-07-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭

I've had FWA (Fixed Wireless Access) broadband for a couple of years now as it is the only viable option where I live, its slow but fairly reliable. As money is getting a bit tight I decided to just use my mobile and do away with our landline which is rarely used.

Just to clarify if you don't know, there is no phone connection required as it's a radio based system.

When I tried to cancel the landline Eircom said I could not have just the broadband, not for technical reasons but because 'they wouldn't be able to invoice me if I didn't have a phone account'. Is it just me or is this just ridiculous?

Eircom Customer Care ( a contradiction in terms ) basically said 'tough thats just the way it is', Comreg told me to check Eircom's Term's and Conditions, I can find nothing in relation to this (happy to be corrected).

So if your thinking of FWA beware of the hidden charges, €24.99 per month plus €650.00ish install plus monthly line rental for something you may not need or want, once again the final score Eircom 1 Customers 0

Anybody else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Actually even being able to get eircom's FWA is an achievement.

Advertisement