Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands you discovered through GH and RB games?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Just like the title says, what bands did you get into after playing the songs in the game?

For me I guess the big ones where Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye hooked me straight away, odd id never heard of them before then as they a very much my thing.

Bang Camero would be another big one.

Also made me go back and listen to stuff I hadn't bothered with in years like social distortion and and a lot of early 90's stuff.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Excellent thread. I think it is probably the most beneficial things about RB/GH in general, that it's introducing a whole new generation to good music, just when the plight seemed lost against Cascada and the like.

Bang Camaro for sure, what a band, they could really bring back hair metal! Some other bands are Kansas, Steely Dan and RUSH. Actually let's just say Rush and let that soak in... *Sniff* I love you Rush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Yeah Rush was the main one for me. Inspired me to actually take up drumming properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Rise Against - I really liked their songs in GH 3 and World Tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Recon wrote: »
    Rise Against - I really liked their songs in GH 3 and World Tour

Give it all in Rockband was another great track by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Senses Fail,I always thought they were some kind of emo band until I played their song.

• Advertisement

Give it all is certainly a guilty pleasure for me. Don't tell my real life friends though. All the avenged sevenfold songs thus far are also enormous guilty pleasures for me. Shh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Foo Fighters for me. Played 'Monkey Wrench' on Guitar Hero II on the Ps2. Went out and bought "In Your Honor"...became hooked. :D

Would you believe, I dug up my PS2 and GH2 today, to relive the glory days. Monkey wrench was the second song I played after Strutter. *sigh* oh nostalgia you beautiful beast

Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives not only have the coolest name in history, but also have one of the most feel good tracks on RB- "I get by". I really should buy some of their stuff.

Lost Prophets - Rooftop ( a liberation broadcast) is a real guilty pleasure for me :p

It's so easy a song but i still get a kick out of playing it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Senses Fail,I always thought they were some kind of emo band until I played their song.

I always thought the same thing. My suspicions were confirmed upon playing it though. Whiney emo ****e.

• Advertisement

I always thought the same thing. My suspicions were confirmed upon playing it though. Whiney emo ****e.

They're a pretty decent pop-punk band, you're like emophobic or something :rolleyes:

Also I can't believe you took issue with that and not lost prophets.

They're a pretty decent pop-punk band, you're like emophobic or something :rolleyes:

Also I can't believe you took issue with that and not lost prophets.
    I'm stuck in a coma
    Stuck in a never ending sleep
    And some day I will wake up
    And realize I made up everything

Lyrics from the song that was in GHIII, complete with whingey singer/screamo vocals. I wouldn't say I'm 'emophobic' as such, but since it's a subculture that produces nothing but crap (especially music), I like to take a dig at it whenever I can since it really shouldn't exist.

'While you are sleeeeping! I steal your earring!'

'While you are sleeeeping! I steal your earring!'

Tony has an excuse, English wasn't his first language. :P

Another for me , that I only remembered last night while i was playing through the 1st rock band is Coheed and Cambria , I'd heard of them before but never listened to them. Welcome home is a great track.

Tony has an excuse, English wasn't his first language. :P

Ok you win,I'll leave you to listen to your songs about leather in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Aerosmith, Dream Theater (I already heard them but Rock Band introduced me to their Octvarium album which got me hooked), Slayer.

Advertisement