Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Medical: Hearing Aids

Options
  • 08-07-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got a medical coming up for a role, I use hearing aids, will these be a problem for the medical.? I got no other problems so expect to pass the med no bother. Do they test hearing even..

ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The army does the hearing tests. For a business, can't see them giving a sh|t if you have one, unless you make a big deal of it, or do something stupid, like not wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It would depend entirely on the medical and the job. Similarly to eyesight, I'd expect there to be a question about it on the list but there not be any tests unless it's an important criteria for the job. Generally, I wouldn't expect it to pose any problems once you have adequate hearing function with the aids.

Advertisement