Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MJ tattoo

Options
  • 08-07-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I'm dying to get a michael jackson tatoo, but I have so many idea's going around in my head that I just don't know what to go for. Don't want to get his face. I was thinking of getting MJ done in fancy letters maybe with a crown over it. I just want it for myself really so I was thinking of getting it done on the side of my body around the middle of my rib cage. So what ya think? Any pics of cool crowns (for the king of pop) would be very helpful. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Giggy wrote: »
    I'm dying to get a michael jackson tatoo, but I have so many idea's going around in my head that I just don't know what to go for. Don't want to get his face. I was thinking of getting MJ done in fancy letters maybe with a crown over it. I just want it for myself really so I was thinking of getting it done on the side of my body around the middle of my rib cage. So what ya think? Any pics of cool crowns (for the king of pop) would be very helpful. :)
    How about the design off the Dangerous album?

mj_dangerous_specialedition.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Diceicle wrote: »

Jesus O. Some shockers on that site!

What about the glove? Don't really know because as you said there are loads of ideas. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Giggy

Ha ha some of those tattoos on that website are disastrous, no I won't be showing mine to the world and want something a bit classier. The design on the dangerous album cover is so nice but I know I'd have to get that big and didn't really want to get anything too massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I'd be waiting to see what comes out about him in the coming weeks......... when the sh*t hits the fan you may not want him permanently inked on you! I can see many more defamatory accusations coming out now that he's gone. Of course, the problem now is he'll never be proven guilty or otherwise about them.........

I for one love his music, but think the man is deranged and disturbed. If it was a tattoo I'd be looking more towards lyrics from one of his songs, or an images related to one of them instead of specifically him.

Had you considered a MJ tatt when he was still alive? If not then I'd wait till all the hype dies down...give it a year or so....and then if you still want on go for it!

• Advertisement

I think there'll be people divided down the middle forever, some believing he did horrible things and some believing he didn't. I'm one of the one's who doesn't believe it for a second and I've always said that and I've always loved him and no matter what accusations come out I'd say mostly they will be trying to get their moneys worth. I believe he was a good man, even though he may seemed to have 'lost it' a bit I really believe he didn't have a bad bone in his body. But I know what you mean about waiting a while, sound advice. I prob will wait and keep thinking of more ideas.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd be with Shelli in that I'd wait until all the hype around his death has calmed down a bit and see how you feel then. Not because of anything that might come out in the wash, (because I think there's probably gonna be a lot of people trying to cash in with some MJ horror stories so it'll be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff) but more because you're bound to be affected by his death, because you're such a big fan, and you'll probably be better able to decide on something when your head is clear and you're not so upset.

Personally if I was going to do this, I'd go for a symbol or logo as opposed to an actual portrait of him. The 'Dangerous' logo, the glove, or his signature would be good ones.

enhancedbuzz10117124698.th.jpg

I actually think that tattoo is going to be very good when it's finished. However, if you're looking for a smallish one, a portrait wouldn't be the way to go because you'd probably need it bigger so you can get the details in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Don't, just don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To counteract Wills comment, I'd like to say do if you do really want to, but hold off on it, just to make sure that you're 100% sure that it is what you want, rather than a knee-jerk reaction to his death.

Personally, I'd advise against portrait style tattoos, and get something more symbolic, or stylized like this:
    http://raye1.deviantart.com/art/Goodbye-Michael-128208103

To counteract Wills comment, I'd like to say do if you do really want to, but hold off on it, just to make sure that you're 100% sure that it is what you want, rather than a knee-jerk reaction to his death.

Personally, I'd advise against portrait style tattoos, and get something more symbolic, or stylized like this:
    http://raye1.deviantart.com/art/Goodbye-Michael-128208103

Oh wow, the words on that are brilliant. That's the nicest I've seen so far. Even just the words with michael jackson written underneath. Wouldn't go for a portrait, think they're a bit ugly and def will be waiting a while. Thanks for that one DamoElDiablo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

With all the truely great men and women that have lived, please don't go tattooing a weird deranged nutbaqg on your skin.
    Gary Glitter tattoo anyone?

Michael Jackson was a truly great man. It was the media that turned him into a monster and a circus freak, he was never convicted of anything for a good reason. No wonder the stress of all that took its toll on him. That's all some people know of him because they listen to the media and don't hear anything else. He donated so much money to charity and tried his best to get a good message through to people. He donated all the profits from his 92 dangerous tour to charity and where's the recognition he should have got for all that. That's why I want a michael jackson tattoo, cos I think he was a great man, let alone a talented genius. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Giggy wrote: »
    Michael Jackson was a truly great man. It was the media that turned him into a monster and a circus freak, he was never convicted of anything for a good reason. No wonder the stress of all that took its toll on him. That's all some people know of him because they listen to the media and don't hear anything else. He donated so much money to charity and tried his best to get a good message through to people. He donated all the profits from his 92 dangerous tour to charity and where's the recognition he should have got for all that. That's why I want a michael jackson tattoo, cos I think he was a great man, let alone a talented genius. :cool:

Talented? Yes no question.
    Genius? Probably.
    Great? No.
    Setting aside the mans obviously warped views on children and childhood (weather you believe he "interfered" with kids is actually a different matter) Great men, would be refering to the likes of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luthor King, Padraig Pearse, Bobby Sands and many others. MJ, does not compare to men like that and that is the point I meant by saying he wasn't a great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Will wrote: »

I laughed so hard.
    Too good man, too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Talented? Yes no question.
    Genius? Probably.
    Great? No.
    Setting aside the mans obviously warped views on children and childhood (weather you believe he "interfered" with kids is actually a different matter) Great men, would be refering to the likes of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luthor King, Padraig Pearse, Bobby Sands and many others. MJ, does not compare to men like that and that is the point I meant by saying he wasn't a great man.

These are your opinions, the other is Giggys opinion.
    They may be different, but who are any of us to tell one person that they are right or wrong?

Great[/B] men, would be refering to the likes of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luthor King, Padraig Pearse, Bobby Sands and many others. MJ, does not compare to men like that and that is the point I meant by saying he wasn't a great man.

I know what you meant by great men, and in my opinion he was right up there with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭moonstreet

hey Giggy, are you still here, did you ever get your Michael Jackson tattoo?

I have 3 Michael Jackson tattoos

tatt2.jpg
    my first tattoo, which I had done in December 2003, on the top of my left arm

191small.jpg
    my second tattoo, which I had done in September 2005, on my left shoulder blade.

newtatweb.jpg
    my third tattoo, which I had done in July 2009

Hi moonstreet, I love your tattoos. No I didn't get mine done yet, I'm still thinking about it. I'd have to think for ages before I get a tattoo but I'm still thinking of getting a simple 'mj'.

oh wow, your still here, didnt expect an answer that quick.

Yes take your time and find that perfect image/photo for you.

All my tattoos have stories and personal meaning, and were something I put alot of thought into.

oh and btw, Michael loved all the fan tattoos.

if you want some inspirtation, have a look at this facebook group, full of amazing Michael Jackson tattoos

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146656980038

• Advertisement

Thanks moonstreet :D

I'll think about it for another while but when I do get it I'll post it up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

Off topic.

Thanks hellrazer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I wouldn'd be into it myself buy maybe something simple along the lines of this?

moonwalker.jpg

thats the MJJ PRODUCTIONS logo, alot of people have got that in the last few months. Mine is kinda like that , except mine is from the cd single cover of ONE MORE CHANCE, which is more unique and original.

Advertisement