Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Jackson - Fake tears??

• 08-07-2009 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see Paris's wee breakdown at the funeral? I'm not entirely convinced that it was genuine to be honest. She was standing there completely composed for a good while and then suddenly she bursts into tears?

I'm not saying I'm right, the girl could have been genuinely in bits, I'm just not wild sure - what do ye make of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one who thought that.
    It could just be that the whole thing was very surreal and towards the end it started to hit her, but yes, it seemed a little fake and orchastrated.

Dont even get me started on Ushers emotional display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jujujujuju

absolutely real
    im sure the thought of speaking about her father in front of billions of people overwhelmed her, emotions were high, definitely real
    brooke shields was insincere

paris is just a little girl for god sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Its not so much that I thought they were fake but that she was forced to say something.

Between Usher singing 'gone too soon' while walking towards the coffin with his hand out-stretched towards it (and then stroking it... SERIOUSLY!?!) and the woman from the house of representatives (can't remember her name) going on about what he did for the black nation (eh, changed his skin colour?) the whole thing seemed to me (not saying everyone could have felt this way) to have been a show, a propeganda piece, the Jackson family saying 'look we're ok'.

I got the impression that Janet was holding her at the mic. I'm sure it could have been a suportive touch of love but it did kinda look like (to me) a shove to speak out.

It just astounds me how four years ago someone could be branded as a paedophile and now he's a 'king' (the woman whose name I can't remember called him that about four times).

Sorry about the rant. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Can an 11 year old have fake tears? I don't think they were fake but I do think she was pressurised in to saying it. Plus I really don't like the fact that he has spent all their lives trying to hide them from the public and now the whole world can see them, I doubt he'd be happy with that.

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »
    now the whole world can see them, I doubt he'd be happy with that.

I definitely agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm. Daddy dies and an 11 year old child makes a calculated decision to bawl uncontrollably.Yep completely convinced. Has to be a set up. Some people really do have too much time on their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Puddleduck wrote: »
    ...................Dont even get me started on Ushers emotional display

I didn't see it but was reading about it - did he start crying?!?! WTF?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

the only part of the whole thing i saw was the bit where she spoke saying her dad was the best dad in the world (or whatever she said), and to be honest it brought tears to my eyes. shes a little girl whos dad has died. to us hes michael jackson but to her hes just her dad. have a bit of sympathy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Yea, he started walking towards the coffin and then did a really naff sob at the very end. Then went to his mother and knelt down in front of her talking.

Its not that I dont have sympathy for the kids, they lost their dad. I just wonder how close to their dad they were. We dont know if they were all that close and we are all aware that jackson was a bit weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Didn't see it, but I'd be interested to know: Any of you who doubt her ever lost a parent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Did people see tears ? I didn't, but if there were then they probably were for Michael, unless Janet was pinching her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

It's really rough to lose a parent. I can imagine it's worse so young, especially in front of billions of people. Things hit you when you don't expect, and when something does hit you, half the time you don't even know what it is.

I'd say she was overwhelmed with a lot of things happening right now, not least of which was the actual death of her father. And let's be honest -- none of the general public really knows how close they were to him.

So . . . be kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Khannie wrote: »
    Didn't see it, but I'd be interested to know: Any of you who doubt her ever lost a parent?

There may be doubt he was an active parent. I don't think Michael was functioning all that well as a person, never mind as a care giver.

SeekUp wrote: »
    It's really rough to lose a parent. I can imagine it's worse so young, especially in front of billions of people.

I'm not doubting that she is hurting and that her tears were real, I just felt that she was pushed. Before she spoke it didn't even look like she wanted and then one of the brothers (not sure which one) said that she wanted to and she looked completely bewildered and seemed to have been held there. But then again we'll never really know... *shrugs*

When he started all I could think was 'don't, oh please don't touch the coffin...' and off he toddled to have a good rub of the silver... and for effect took off his sunglasses and rubbed his teary little eyes.... awww poor poor Usher... (half thought he was was going to break in 'yeah, yeah' in the middle of it... also half expected thriller to come on and Jacko to hop out of the coffin... would've been the best hoax ever! I need to get out more)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

smcgiff wrote: »
    There may be doubt he was an active parent. I don't think Michael was functioning all that well as a person, never mind as a care giver.

Activity level's not going to mean a huge amount to a child. Daddy's dead.....now that means something.

Honestly....I think it's ****ty to question a child crying when her father's dead. How many people who never even knew the guy cried their eyes out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

moved from tLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I thought she could have been faking the tears at the end too. It doesn't take away from the sentiments she expressed or what she was feeling. I think if I had grown up in a home full of my ailing, (prescription) drug-addled father's hangers-on, I might - after my whole world had been torn apart - try to please the weird grown-ups caring for me by over-emoting a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Don't mean to sound bad but those kids are better off without him.

The one who turned my stomach was Brooke Shields with her artificial choking back the tears. Any wonder her movie career flopped. She couldn't act the eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

I have to say I thought she was forcing it a bit just before she stepped up to speak. she was standing next to Janet and I personally just thought she didnt really know how huge her fathers death was. But when she did speak they were genuine how could they not be really she's a child who has just lost her father.

As for ushers performance!!! I cringed when I realised that he was actually going to walk over and touch the coffin and then when he was finished he goes and outs his head onto Katherine Jacksons knee!!!!!

I also agree with previous posters who say MJ would not have been happy about the three kids being on stage like that. He spent their whole life trying to keep them out of the public eye and his family threw them right into the middle of it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

When my father died I broke down and cried like a fool (or indeed, someone who'd just lost a parent), have to say I think there's pretty meanspirited posts on this thread. I thought it looked very real, the fact the microphone had to be adjusted for her and the fact that Janet had to tell to step closer to it etc.

Poor kid, she has some nerve to be upset at the death of her father....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 el.bell

It must have been so hard for her being infront of millions (incl. TV), it looked real enough. I'd say real!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Activity level's not going to mean a huge amount to a child. Daddy's dead.....now that means something.

Honestly....I think it's ****ty to question a child crying when her father's dead. How many people who never even knew the guy cried their eyes out?

I didn't mean to sound insincere, I was simply reiterating a conversation we were having in work, a few people did suggest it appeared very orchestrated - but I'm not saying I question how she felt - or how anyone would feel at the loss of a parent. The conversation just made me think, and I was interested to find out other opinions.

Above all, none of those children should have been put on that stage in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 membama

your dad is a serious drug addict. Takes multiple drugs ALL the time including deprivan, demerol, morphine, paxil, etc... obviously he is in no mental state to be a father. I mean, how could he if he is f'ed up all day. Also, when he died... where were the kids? were they with him? NO. He was with his live-in doctor. If someone is telling me that this guy was an actual father to these children, then I'm saying your FOS. NOW, about the lil girl crying... yes, it was staged. the Jackson's have leeched off of Michael and continue to do so. It was a known fact that he didn't trust his family... He wouldn't tour with the Jackson 5. His brothers, Randy and Jermaine, wanted to be involved in Michael's business but Michael wouldn't let them. The Co-executors of his will are his longtime business partners... he didn't leave any control to his family EXCEPT his 80 year old mother. The Jackson's propped his so-called daughter up on stage to say that. They are going to live off of Michael Jackson for the rest of their lives. Wacko Jacko was a freak!! His family is just as bad. What a shame that those children were sold to Michael when he isn't thier biological father AND he never adopted them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I wondered was she pushed into doing something by Jackson's family - some parts seemed very staged and i didnt see much tears to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

A friend of mine committed suicide in April, when my dad rang me I asked was he sure and was it the right person etc, when I was sure I said OK and hung up the phone. I was with the girlfriend watching a movie and I explained what happened. I just sat there emotionless for about 5 minutes. When I started thinking about the buddy that's when the tears started and I just turned away from her and couldn't stop crying.

Death can make you feel very numb and you can just burst into tears all of a sudden when you think of that person and a time you were together, I'm actually welling up now just thinking about it. Same happened when my grandmother died, I didn't shed a tear until her funeral when I started thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Come on, she's a little girl, her father's just died! There's a lot of very cynical people out there.

Don't think she should have been put up there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dvr22

thanks god i am not crazy, i am not the only one.
    i have been going tru all the videos, interviews from family members, sisters, brothers, kids etc since michael jackson died. in not one of the videos i can see anyone crying. people told me, that after a week the biggest shock has passed and one wouldnt have any tears left to cry. so i went back to the video of jermaine, when he announces the death of his brother. just an hour or so after he "passed" away. yes, there is a lot of sobbing and gasping for breath with the pain and "tears", BUT...you show me one tear coming out of his eye. 3 days after he "died", go and watch janet jackson at the award. again, its so hard to talk, and such a hard time and gasping for breath and taking breaks with the pain she is going tru...where r the freaking tears? why is it, that yesterday at his memorial service, everyone crushed that little girl between them, held the micro in front of her face tat one cant see her face anymore? when she has the final "breakdown" her face is rushed in the arms of her auntie!!! i mean come one, look at the fianl speech of his brother at the service, watch the faces of his mourning family members in the final seconds, when he finally "breaks down". no one will convince me that i am not seeing a glimpse of a smile on at least 2 people on the right site of the screen!
    i have heard about the theory that MJ might not be death. since i saw this SHOW yesterday, i am convinced he isnt and to tell the honest truth, i wish wherever he is, he is happy now. he can finally breath and live and enjoy life.
    If he is really death, his family are really bad actors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I'm cynical about all things show-biz at the best of times but jesus, have a heart.
    She's just a little girl and he was her daddy.

Advertisement