Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing spots

Options
  • 08-07-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good fishing spots around kerry. I've been to fenit pier no luck in catching anything though:(

Also anyone know of a website where i can find out times for high and low tides?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

karlog wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good fishing spots around kerry. I've been to fenit pier no luck in catching anything though:(

Also anyone know of a website where i can find out times for high and low tides?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=high+and+low+tides+in+Kerry :D

Messing aside, I do have a look here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sea Angling Ireland have a list of shore marks by county on their website, I'm pretty sure their forums also have tide charts

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/

edit: found the tides : http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9514

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I have a buddy who fishes Fenit pier a fair bit and always does very well.

Not sure how experienced you are Karlog but dont be afraid to go up and ask some of the locals there for a bit of advice. Most anglers will be accommodating enough. You would be surprised how a little bit of advice on a local spot can make all the difference

Also Bob Moss has a book on fishing the dingle peninsula - could be worth the investment.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mixer1156

you should download an app called fishbrain you can look up all the good spots and rivers near you

there is a premium version for 6.99 a month where you can see exactly where they caught the fish!

but i just use the normal version

my name on fishbrain is 'thethreedooleys'

add me and i will give you more tips

cheers
    mixer1156

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭dmc17

mixer1156 wrote: »
    you should download an app called fishbrain you can look up all the good spots and rivers near you

there is a premium version for 6.99 a month where you can see exactly where they caught the fish!

but i just use the normal version

my name on fishbrain is 'thethreedooleys'

add me and i will give you more tips

cheers
    mixer1156

The original post is from 2009 and the poster hasn't been on Boards since 2011 :D If they haven't found the fish by now, your app probably won't help them much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Zombie Thread

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement