Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop-up tents

• 08-07-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Are they good? Any idea what shops sell them. Do Millets sell them or Dunnes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Not sure if they're any good, but Great Outdoors off Grafton street sell them. They look pretty nifty

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

They're obviously easy to put up, but near impossible to pack them away! Awkard to carry as well as they pack up into a large disc shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

I was in Gilwell the weekend before last at an event called Gilwell 24. It was for their Explorer age range, 14+. Anyway I was surprised to see so many pop up tents in use. Admitidly it was an event were people did not expect to sleep much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Our group have had 5 pop up tents for aout 4 years now. They have lasted longer than any of our other tents that we have bought in the last few years.

Easy enough to pack away, you just have to get the nack of it. Also, ridiculously light so even the smallest cub won't have trouble carrying them.

They are great for use as stores in all weather or as sleeping tents in hot weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

A pain in the ass to pack back up and in general cheap and crappy compared to other types. I'd avoid, if you're to lazy to put up a tent then whay even go camping:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

A pain in the ass to pack back up
    Teferi wrote: »
    Easy enough to pack away, you just have to get the nack of it.
    and in general cheap and crappy compared to other types. I'd avoid, if you're to lazy to put up a tent then whay even go camping:D
    Teferi wrote: »
    Our group have had 5 pop up tents for about 4 years now. They have lasted longer than any of our other tents that we have bought in the last few years.

Maybe we have just been lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Must be. One of our leader brought on to Powerscourt once. 6 of us spent about 1 1/2 hours trying to pack it back up

Advertisement