Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rib tattoo

Options
  • 08-07-2009 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

im looking to get my ribs tattooed and everyone is telling me im "brave" or " prepare to cry" is it that bad??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It's intense, that's how I would describe it. Bearable though in my opinion. Everyone is different though.

If you really want the tattoo though, what's a few ours of pain for the finished product? That's how I looked at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buddyboy09

what do you mean by "intense" do you mean pain wise?

Yeah sort of, it's a sharp feeling. Hard to describe, when the needles are rubbing of your ribs your whole body vibrates with it.

doesn't sound that bad?

ill guess ill have to find out for myself...i don't think it can be worse then getting a spinal tap when i had a meningitis scare a while back...

One way to find out :pac:

If it's any consolation i find getting my leg tattooed a lot more painful.

• Advertisement

are taken the piss?:D

i watched my friend get his lag tattooed and he cryed then i got a cord of my mam's favourte song wrapped around my leg and i thought it was the least painful thing in my life!!
    :D:D

Well everyone reacts differently as you've just proved

cool thanks:D

what condition are you in after the tattoo...like is it sore to even move or what?:D

Like after any other tattoo, sore and tender. Bearable though, just don't get any digs in the side

alri man cool

well ill let you know how i get on when i get it done:D

thanks much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

my ribs were uncomfortable to say the least tho my back hurt much more!

it's kinda horrible in that when it goes over the skin in between the ribs it isn't that bad but when it goes over the bone in wrecks.

the most important thing is to try and keep as still as you can, slow breathing helps and, in my case, counting ceiling tiles :pac:

my piece isnt to big im just getting a black and gray day of the dead skull

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

its wrecks!!!
    i cryed and im a man.!!!

that bad?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

nah it's not bad at all, Just have someone to talk to and you'll be grand wont even notice it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I dunno about the ribs, but my chest one hurt like a motherbitch...

I dunno about the ribs, but my chest one hurt like a motherbitch...
    mancore my ass!!

I still laid ther and took it like a man, like I have to do with everything, as painkillers etc don't work for me.

I still laid ther and took it like a man, like I have to do with everything,
    265_grarrl_pillow_eater.gif

greenberg_wince_oct07.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hey,

Figured I'd jump in on this instead of starting a new thread on the same subject. I'm booking in for a tattoo on my side soon. I was wondering what the story is with wearing a bra and healing? I don't think I'd be comfortable with not wearing a bra in work, but I could manage over the weekend. I'll be getting it done on a Friday or Saturday and could go bra less until Monday.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hey,

Figured I'd jump in on this instead of starting a new thread on the same subject. I'm booking in for a tattoo on my side soon. I was wondering what the story is with wearing a bra and healing? I don't think I'd be comfortable with not wearing a bra in work, but I could manage over the weekend. I'll be getting it done on a Friday or Saturday and could go bra less until Monday.

Thanks!
    i was told to keep the bra off for at least two weeks

i just work a bikini top :)

Ah no! I am largely outnumbered by men in work, no bra would be a disaster! How was a bikini different?

well they told me to wear a loose top , but i couldnt as work shirt is fairly see-through tbh, so just work the bikini top loose

Hmmm. I might get it done just below my bra strap. I had planned to put it there all along but just wanted to see what would happen with the bra. So excited now!

well see what your tattoo artist says ... thats what both mine said two different time... tbh the longer without a bra the better, the more room it has to breath the better the healing.

Advertisement