Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken wings hot sauce

Options
  • 08-07-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Been out with my partner a lot over the past year and most of the time we get chicken wings to share.
    Usually they end up being covered in this orange sauce that's a little spicy.

Does anyone know how to make this as we love it and can't seem to find the recipe.

Any help would be great:)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

The most readily available one is encona. There are a couple of different flavours, the one you want is in a red bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

cgan086 wrote: »
    Been out with my partner a lot over the past year and most of the time we get chicken wings to share.
    Usually they end up being covered in this orange sauce that's a little spicy.

Does anyone know how to make this as we love it and can't seem to find the recipe.

Any help would be great:)

Thanks
    do you eat ou in maynooth by any chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It's prob Frank's sauce, see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144087

• Registered Users Posts: 49 cgan086

do you eat ou in maynooth by any chance??

maynooth, dublin, florida, galway i've had it in all these places

It seems to be a really common sauce:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

1001029_041500805023_A_400.jpg

• Advertisement

thanks for the advice, gonna give it a go and see which 1 is the nicest.

Might start a poll
    ;)

anyone know of a nice blue cheese dressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

cgan086 wrote: »
    maynooth, dublin, florida, galway i've had it in all these places

It seems to be a really common sauce:confused:
    ok.
    just tought i knew the place that makes the wings you love

p.s
    im sending you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

It's franks red hot sauce mixed with large amounts of melted butter. It's very spicy without the butter and the butter gives it that orangey colour. I keep 2 bottles in the press at all times to make wings. Exactly like you'd get in a lot of resteraunts. Use cornflour+pepper seasoning on the wings and put them in the fridge for an hour. Then cook for 10 mins at 180 degrees in a deep fryer. They'll come out really crispy but juicy on the inside. Then make mix the butter and sauce in a pan and pour over the wings. Heaven

• Advertisement

Used one of the recipes last night, was excellent, had no blue cheese dressing though.

Ah well, next time!

Thanks for the help guys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

youu're supposed to mix 2 parts franks hot with 3 parts clarified butter.

Just go into an asian shop and buy a tub of butter ghee. Its clarified butter.

You can buy small bottles of franks hot sauce in Tesco. Make sure you buy the original one and not the buffalo one, its manky.

Advertisement