Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TBH/Fink Goddie situation

Options
  • 08-07-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I usually keep my head well below the parapets, but this, to me, is ridiculous.

TBH was banned from AH for post 289 in this thread (Wayne Docherty murder)

I've no issue with the ban itself, it was warranted for the abuse, I suppose.
    I don't know TBH, don't use the forums he mods. I'm not asking for his ban to be lifted. If nothing else, the ban kinda proves that TBH isn't an acronym for Terry's Better Half ;)

What I am asking is for someone to look at the circumstances that led to this.
    IMHO, Fink Goddie has been trolling AH for too long. A bit cuter in the application of trolling than many other trollers, but a troll none the less.
    The username is known to you guys, and to the mods in AH.
    Yet a decent member of the community, and a mod of several forums (I know you'll say that doesn't matter, but it does show that TBH is held in some regard) gets banned for rising to a troll who was clearly goading him.
    Sure, he should've known better/risen above it/stayed out the thread/used the ignore function for that user, etc etc. But sometimes that's easier said than done, if the troll is trolling well.

Anyway, what I'd like to ask is this - where there is a user who is quite clearly bringing nothing to the table, is clearly goading for a response, has already been brought to the attention of Admins/Mods - why aren't they kicked out before they cause any further grief? A well-liked user has lost their access, the troll who cost it is apparently still roaming at will.
    Can Boards be sued for allegedly unwarranted bannings? Is there a secret society of troll lovers fighting to keep Goddie's account open? I'm well aware of the "give 'em enough rope...." strategy, but that's not working when others are paying for it with bannings.

I'm genuinely puzzled as to why this situation has been allowed to develop.
    Thanks for "listening"
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hey big b - it's a bit awkward to post on this thread as you've said so many nice things about me :) but thanks man. I really appreciate it. I also got a few nice PM's which are appreciated as well.

The way I see it is, I deserved the ban, I actually reported the post myself :p and I'm not going to contest it. While I obviously agree with a lot of what you said in your post, as far as I can see, everyone should be able to have their say in AH. I'm always advising people to ignore the posts they don't like, should have taken my own advice really! To be honest, I do believe that fink actually holds those opinions, and I think she gets a great laugh out of winding up so many people - fair play to her in that respect, if people are dumb enough to fall for it, like I was.

but thanks again for the kind words, it's really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

No worries, TBH - just saying what i think.

Like I said, I wasn't going to be looking for your ban to be lifted, and I was pretty sure you wouldn't either.
    I do feel you were a victim of a situation which shouldn't have been allowed to develop.
    We all want to have a laugh in AH, but it shouldn't be at the expense of someone else's access. When goading users into inappropriate responses is all someone can bring to the table, I question whether they should be at the table. That's all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Ah a brown nosing thread.

Leave it to the mods and mind your own business i'd say.

I had a controversial opinion that people didnt like, you seem to be confusing that with trolling.
    When people cant change my view that they dont like, they get all annoyed.
    You're not going to agree with everyone, if you cant get in a debate with someone without losing the rag then dont interact with people. especially not on AH!!!!!

Oh and btw, thanks for saying i'm cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Trolling? Fink is opinionated, has never been abusive or insulting.

If people dont like it, why they dont they just ignor it?

I dont agree with everyone on After Hours or some of the comments, but i dont go crying "Ban" or "troll".

Fink from what i have seen gets quite a few thanks from estabished members.

Seriously...

• Advertisement

Trolling? Fink is opinionated, has never been abusive or insulting.

If people dont like it, why they dont they just ignor it?

I dont agree with everyone on After Hours or some of the comments, but i dont go crying "Ban" or "troll".

Fink from what i have seen gets quite a few thanks from estabished members.

Seriously...

Ah thanks JK, you said some nice things, thanks man. I really appreciate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Its a one day ban. I'm sure TBH will get over it. He's neither petty or childish and wouldnt make a big deal about something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Ah thanks JK, you said some nice things, thanks man. I really appreciate.

I get it, you're taking the piss out of me. Class act.

tbh wrote: »
    I get it, you're taking the piss out of me. Class act.

Why do ya always think bad of me, cant win with you lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Kiera
    as I said in my first post - this isn't about TBH's ban, more about the situation that allowed it to happen.
    Anyway, I'm sure in due course an Admin will look at it & decide a course of action. Whatever they decide, they decide.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

When there is a mod bashing going on you can always count on one or two individuals seem to get involved and give the mods a good bashing! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A PM to the forum mods might have been a more appropriate avenue to express your concerns.

An open season thread, however, is not the way forward..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement