Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HArry Potter movies...

Options
  • 08-07-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Sorry this post is also at the films thread ...

With the release of this soon , i wanted to ask people what they thought of the other films

I think the irony (for me ) is that the 1st 3 films were the best ... but the 4th and 5th i didn't really like ... and i expect the 6th won't be great either ... however these books were my favourite of the series ... perhaps it's the scriptwriters are changing too much in the latest films due to length of books ?? i dunno they lack something ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

chezzer wrote: »
    Sorry this post is also at the films thread ...

With the release of this soon , i wanted to ask people what they thought of the other films

I think the irony (for me ) is that the 1st 3 films were the best ... but the 4th and 5th i didn't really like ... and i expect the 6th won't be great either ... however these books were my favourite of the series ... perhaps it's the scriptwriters are changing too much in the latest films due to length of books ?? i dunno they lack something ...

its the other way around for me, the first 2 where fairly bad while 3 was good 4 and 5 are a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JessieJames

i was liking all of them until i saw the HBP last night, was a tad disappointing :( but still enjoyable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

they sure did cut out loads, but stitched it together in a nice movie-cut. its better to view the movies as more of an aid to the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The Prisoner of Azkaban would the best for me, followed by the Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I felt 4 was the best film adaptation but tbh the films are just rubbish.

They feel rushed and mixed up, like they're trying too hard to stick to the books, so when it DOES steer away from them its like a sore thumb. Adapting a book to film is very difficult, but can be done (LOTR).

For me though, one of the biggest gripes I have is Dan Radcliffe. It was obvious they picked him for his striking "Holy **** its harry potter!" looks. He just ruins it completely. No charisma or acting skills. He isn't helped by a bad script either (well, the 1st 2 films anyway).

Oh, and no matter what people say I don't think Emma Watson is a good actress. She's over the top and incredibly annoying.

Woaw bit of a rant there, sorry. I just hate cash cow movies. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement