Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband download limit?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am using eircom broadband.
    In my package my broadband download limit is 30GB

I just wordering how they calculate the usage

for an example I download a movie as 4.5GB

so I will have 25.5GB left to use?

what if I watch the vedio in youtube?still calculate on that limit?

is there have anyway to check how many usage did I use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Everything you download counts towards your limit, web pages, streamed movies/music, youtube etc.

Click on this link - Eircom Support , on the right hand side of the page enter your phone no. and account no and it'll show you what you've used and what you've left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I think (when I had eircom) there was a section on their website where you could check your stats.

Yes youtube counts.. and any browsing/emailing.

Possibly uploads are counted towards that limit aswell, so if you could find that page on their website it'll help you see what your actual usage is.

edit:ninja got there first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

thanks for relpying

and one more question anyone get over the limit before? how much will it cost if go over the limit?

found it...1 cent pre MB...if go over the bandwidth...

anyone got charge before? or it doesnt matter if you go over the limit as they are not charge you anything extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

yy885 wrote: »
    found it...1 cent pre MB...if go over the bandwidth...

anyone got charge before? or it doesnt matter if you go over the limit as they are not charge you anything extra?

Been over mine almost every month, got one letter stating they may start charging for the extra, but they haven't and that was a year ago.

• Advertisement

Been over mine almost every month, got one letter stating they may start charging for the extra, but they haven't and that was a year ago.

what you mean "they may start charging" ?
    they said that on the letter?

btw which package are you using?

and i am wondering will they charge back from the past or start charging from the next month

I realy cant ring them and ask at this moment...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

on the eircom 3mb package,gone over the limit every month for a year and not a peep from them.

Advertisement