Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Sizes

• 08-07-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I am changing the location of my rads in 3 rooms and need to get new rads as a result. I am going to be confined by the height of the new rads, they cant be any higher than 2ft, ideally foot and half though (400mm).

What size rads are needed to heat the rooms sufficiently?

The room dimensions are as follows:
    All Ceilings are 2.9m high.

Room 1 - 2.4m x 3.5m
    Room 2 - 2.8m x 3.5m
    Room 3 - 2.3m x 3.2m

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

unfortunalty if i was to advise you here or any plumber we may get this wrong .

there a a numerous amount of radiator manufactors out there and each vith various types of rads with different output ................

i realised that the difference between then can be quiet big on the btu output . so the old messuring system dosnt apply

Although dont worry most suppliers of radiators , heatmerchants for example will tell you what rad will suit your room size based on what rads they are supplying you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

www.homesupply.co.uk/radiator_output_calculator.php

This will give you an idea of the BTU required.

Then go to the website of the rad company and find height 400mm and see what length corresponds to your BTU requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Check the requirements for all rooms and compare the total to the boiler's output to ensure that your boiler is up to the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Arddon wrote: »
    I am changing the location of my rads in 3 rooms and need to get new rads as a result. I am going to be confined by the height of the new rads, they cant be any higher than 2ft, ideally foot and half though (400mm).

What size rads are needed to heat the rooms sufficiently?

The room dimensions are as follows:
    All Ceilings are 2.9m high.

Room 1 - 2.4m x 3.5m
    Room 2 - 2.8m x 3.5m
    Room 3 - 2.3m x 3.2m

thanks

The BTU calculator above is perfect. You can go to any supplier of rads once you have the outputs however if you PM me I can give you the details of a supplier of 320mm heigh rads just make sure you have the BTUS worked out first.

TBH these are long rooms have you considered going with colum rads on a couple of walls???

• Registered Users Posts: 7 krustytheclown

Just wondering what is the narrowest radiator available. I need to fit a doorway and a rad on a wall of 1340mm long. it's to heat a back porch 1340mm x 1350mm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement