Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering costs

Options
  • 08-07-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anyone got a rough idea how much it would cost to plaster externall and internal walls (sand/cement) of a 2000sq ft bungalow house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I reckon about 5.5k - going on the rate for mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Got severely criticised on here for what I paid for mine.

I paid €14k 6 weeks ago to get my 2000 square foot house and 500 square foot garage plastered.
    People on here said that I was crazy and being ripped off.

The plastering and skimming took 1 month.
    There were 3 men.
    They supplied their own scaffolding.
    They did the quoin and the decorative designs over the windors.
    They cut out the skim from every socket, took the plastic of every window and washed them all to leave them like new.

I have people coming to my house every week since the plasterers finished to see the job that was done - some because they want to see the quality of work so that they can book the plasterer for a job, others just to see what I paid €14k for.

Every person that has seen it agrees that it was worth the €14k. The quoins are spectacular (the house has 9 corners and these quoins took a week to do). I'm glad I spent that much money now, it is the making of the house.
    I have seen badly plastered houses and spoken to people who thought that their house was plastered well until they saw mine.

My only advice is don't skimp on the plastering. Its the most noticable thing on the house. You don't have to spend as much as i did, but just make sure you see examples of their work before you get them.

Another thing is, make sure that they are clean - there's nothing as bad as having to clean plaster and skim off your new windows after the plasterers have gone. And there are some very messy plasterers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pennies

Thanks for all your advice. got a call last night to confirm that the boys would be strting the job this morning. In the end we got some very varied quotes, we went with a quote of €6.8k and had a look at a lot of the houses they done in the nearby area and were impressed with their work so they got the go - ahead. Fingers crossed all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Soldier

im building a 2800sq ft house i paid é2,400 for the outside to be plastered. very good job to :) havent got a price from him for the inside yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Soldier,

Can you please PM your plasterers name/ location if within travelling distance of Offaly area?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Soldier

PM'd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

hi there, can you also pm me the details, i am in Laois, budgeting for a build on a 2500sqft 2 storey.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

i was told to allow about €400.00 per room for internal plastering work.
    it not scientific but a goot place to start i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

In this climate a ballpark figure of €5 a sq metre for labour only probably wouldn't be far away for internal skimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to the Pricing/costs sub forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leshogan

Anyone know, how much sand/cement plaster on a block wall should cost per m2 (labour only)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emmett99

a set of coins could cost up to 250euro each and there was probably bands around the windows,that wat probably made it so dear, be careful with people coming in with cheap qoats, they do work for a week or to and ask for a big draw of money and dont come back and finish it

Advertisement