Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juan Sebastian Veron - the "little witch"

• 08-07-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Great to see Veron back to his best. The Copa Libertadores Final's first leg is on tonight @ 1.45 am. Cruzeiro of Brazil V Estudiantes of Argentina. Veron has been Est's best player this season and even at 34, on his day, is still mesmerizing.

Setanta were showing earlier rounds of this but with the whole going bust thing, I dont know who, if anyone is showing this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Warper wrote: »
    Great to see Veron back to his best. The Copa Libertadores Final's first leg is on tonight @ 1.45 am. Cruzeiro of Brazil V Estudiantes of Argentina. Veron has been Est's best player this season and even at 34, on his day, is still mesmerizing.

Setanta were showing earlier rounds of this but with the whole going bust thing, I dont know who, if anyone is showing this.

Setanta Ireland still shows this no??? They show some South American football anyway still. They never seem to have a scoreboard or timer right enough or a commentator who speaks English that is understandable but I suppose they have to make the cuts somewhere :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It will be streamed on the internet anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about Setanta.

Hopefully, Cruzeiro can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I thought I saw an add on Setanta Ireland for this the other day but they don't have any listing of it in their schedule that I can find :(
    I'd love to watch this on tv - com'on Setanta make it happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

United should resign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeh it'll be on Setanta 1. Not Setanta Ireland though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Paparazzo wrote: »
    United should resign him.

The pace & quality of South American Football suits the likes of Veron and Riqueleme. Plus both of them went back to Argentina to their families not due to footballing reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Thinking of lumping on Estudiantes @ 10/11 to win the firts leg at home

What do you all reckon? They've won every home game in the tournament so far, not conceeded a goal and already beat Cruzeiro 4-0

They've won every home game in the tournament so far, not conceeded a goal and already beat Cruzeiro 4-0
    Cruzeiro also beat Estudiantes in the group stage 3-0. I saw that match and Cruzeiro easily overpowered Estudiantes that day.

I really don't know how the tie will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Cruzeiro also beat Estudiantes in the group stage 3-0. I saw that match and Cruzeiro easily overpowered Estudiantes that day.

I really don't know how the tie will go.

That was in Cruzeiro though and I think Estudiantes were already through

No, it was the first group match for both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

sure how mnay players look great in those sout american leagues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Estudiantes should be well able to get a good result at home but really, only a mad man would lump money on either team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Boo. I wanted Palmeiras to win. :p

But he's a good player, England's football's very high tempo, that doesn't work for everyone. C'est la vie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Regardless of his stint in England, I still firmly believe he was one of the most technically gifted players to play in Europe in the past 10-15 years. He was an absolute beast with Parma and Lazio and one of the best players in the world at his peak. He just wasn't suited to the English game, but that shouldn't take away from what he achieved in his career. He truly was an amazing player to watch when at his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Interesting little fact - Juan Verón's father, Juan Ramón Verón, also played for Estudiantes and scored the winning goal against Manchester in the 1968 Intercontintal Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

kinaldo wrote: »
    Interesting little fact - Juan Verón's father, Juan Ramón Verón, also played for Estudiantes and scored the winning goal against Manchester in the 1968 Intercontintal Cup final.

Yup. And earned the emnity of United fans in the process for their vicious game plan. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

half time - Estudiantes 0 - 0 Cruzeiro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

kinaldo wrote: »

Was that the game Best got sent off for decking your man?

Advertisement